|
GIRL INTERRUPTED
GIRL INTERRUPTED
10.30.2005 LOVE IN THE TIME OF MYOMA I've always felt uncomfortable inside hospitals. And we're talking more than the average dose of being a drama queen when describing my emotional state here. Aside from the blinding white surroundings and the smell of antiseptics all over that in themselves are enough to make me dizzy, I associate the place with sickness, death, loss, grieving, regrets, ends of relationships, unfortunate fates, and all those sad things. And so you can imagine how lost and sad I felt during my 3 days-2 nights stay there watching over my mom as the specialists took her under their care for a myoma operation. I knew that myoma in itself is not that big a deal as long as it is properly removed before causing problems in the reproductive system. The doctors explained what is involved in the operation, assured our family that it is simple and safe, and the appropriate preparation was undertaken. That the doctors were famous, credible specialists who vowed to take good care of her was also a plus. Really, logically speaking, there was not much to worry about. But still, I couldn't help but be scared for my mommy because an operation is still an operation. It's not a pretty thing. Also, knowing that her blood sugar level is high (FYI: She has diabetes, of the advanced type!) which might pose some problems bothered me. Likewise, that she is squeamish at the mere sight of blood increased my fears for her. In my opinion, fighting spirit plays a big part in a sick person's recovery so I just did my best to encourage her to stay strong. But I was so far from calm. Like I was the one supposed to go under the knife. As I stayed in the room while they cut her and took the two fist-sized tumors in her uterus that were causing her pain, I prayed to all the angels and saints to keep her safe and make her healthy. It dawned on me that I might lose her and it made me realize just how much I love her. Of course you know you love your family and you do your best to express that. But there's nothing like situations that highlight the possibility of loss to open one's eyes to a loved one's importance. The thought of losing my mom was just unbearable. If she was taken away, it'd be like an arm was cut off me. I mean, this is the woman who gave birth to me, raised me well, been there through my ups and downs (even the in-betweens), looked after my every need, gave me love and support, and just simply been a great, caring mother. She has her faults, yes, but then so do I. The important thing is we get past our little spats and emphasize the good qualities over the bad and just try to make it work on a daily basis. As cheesy as it may sound, I have to say that I love my mom deeply. With that said, I can't describe to you the feeling of relief and gratitude that washed over me when they brought her back to the room and told us the operation was successful. She's just resting a lot now in order for her body to recover from the stress it has been through. We'll just be keeping a close watch on her sugar level so as to manage the diabetes and avoid or control the complications it brings. I really hope my mom becomes well and strong again. To the kind souls out there, please join our family in constantly praying for her. I've learned so much from this entire experience. I'm telling you, always remember to show the people you love how you feel about them. Do that each chance you get. I sure will take all the opportunities I get to do just that to my mom. Life is a great thing. Health is true wealth. Relationships are priceless. Never forget or overlook those important things. Don't wait for a trip to the hospital to learn that.
![]() ![]()
|
|
GIRL INTERRUPTED
GIRL INTERRUPTED
Hi! I am Rachelle and this is my online journal. Hear what I have to say. Look and see inside of me. Enter the mind of a girl, interrupted. ![]()
![]()
![]() ![]()
![]()
![]() This work is protected by a Creative Commons License. No part of this blog may be used, copied, and/or reproduced without the consent of the blog owner. Any violation is subject to criminal persecution.
![]() WARNING!!! If you are my dad and you are so hard-headed that you're still reading this, exit immediately. Trust daddy! Trust! I'd really hate you if I find out you are still snooping around.
Commenting system already disabled since this blog now only kept for posterity sake, cross-postings aside. You may visit me at www.fairytale-not. and www.missprim
This page has been flicked this number of times:
|