GIRL INTERRUPTED

GIRL INTERRUPTED

Girl Interrupted

AVERAGE EVERYDAY SANE PSYCHO SUPERGODDESS

5.01.2005

CONNECTING PEOPLE

 
One of the reasons why I like the internet is because it serves as a very good tool of communication. In this day and age, everything and everyone is accessible. Search engines Yahoo, Google, Geocities, etc. can get you the information you need in one swift click. But of course, we can't simply trust everything that is on the internet. Hard-core research is still the best! But it's a good first quick step! Friendster can hook you up with long lost friends as well as earn you new ones. With a blog, you can share the happenings in your daily life and in turn read about other people's adventures and misadventures. With YM, ICQ, forums, and other expression avenues, you can make yourself heard. I especially like YM 'coz I am able to talk to my friends and workmates even if they are as far as countries away. Of course, nothing beats face-to-face conversations but additional features like emoticons, IM Enviroment, webcame, speaker phone, etc. simulates the experience very well.


I had a great time last night making the most of technology.


I felt a little bit like a robot switching from one mode of technology to another. But at the same time, in an ironic twist, I've never felt more human than before with all the social contact while alone in our living room clicking and typing all through the night. If one knows how to use technology right and does not exploit it, such knowledge is definitely an advantage.


I was online from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. the next day! In that span of time, I was able to:


* have long chat sessions with my friends


1. Sis Kagigil - We haven't talked in quite a while so it was reunion engrande. Pareho kaming hindi maubusan ng sasabihin. Kwentuhan tungkol sa buhay (her work, my buhay baboy life), fashion exchange (topic: the use of a scarf to accentuate an outfit), showbiz (supporting Erich and bashing Sandara), etcetra etcetera. I'm so thankful I met her. I didn't think I'd find a soul sistah over PEX.


2. Kat - advice sa buhay ko, American Idol kulitan, ranting about Heart's character in "Hiram" using all sorts of emoticons to bash her... hahaha... sobrang fun!


3. Yliebongga - discourse on summer break-ups and advice rin sa buhay ko


4. Rax - Well, this morning na 'yun pero pwedeng isali. We discussed career moves, chocolate, Spiderman poses... She was making all sorts of funny faces in her webcam, which I absolutely loved!


* participate actively once again in the forums I like: iNEXUS, Peyups, and Pinoy Exchange


* have a long conversation on my cell whilst chatting sa YM


* exchange long comments with Sweeeettttt


* surf to my heart's delight while adding pics to my TAR and AI special commentary series


I think I'm starting to grow wires inside me! But it's all good. I love the beenfits of technology!

------------------

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Technorati Profile

BlogShares Profile


GIRL INTERRUPTED

GIRL INTERRUPTED

GIRL INTERRUPTED


Hi! I am Rachelle and this is my online journal.

Hear what I have to say. Look and see inside of me. Enter the mind of a girl, interrupted.

---------

About the girl:
---------

The world is my notebook. Here are my scribbles:
---------

Lines running over and over in my head:
---------

Other worlds of words:

---------

Centerfold:
---------

Back Issues:

  • 04.2004
  • 05.2004
  • 06.2004
  • 07.2004
  • 08.2004
  • 09.2004
  • 10.2004
  • 11.2004
  • 12.2004
  • 01.2005
  • 02.2005
  • 03.2005
  • 04.2005
  • 05.2005
  • 06.2005
  • 07.2005
  • 08.2005
  • 10.2005
  • 11.2005
  • 12.2005
  • 01.2006
  • 02.2006
  • 02.2007
  • 03.2007
  • 05.2007
  • 06.2007
  • 07.2007
  • 08.2007
  • 12.2007
  • 01.2008
  • 02.2008
  • 03.2008
  • 12.2008
  • 02.2009
  • 11.2009
  • ---------

    Everything on this site, unless stated otherwise, belongs to Rachelle San Pedro. Please respect intellectual and artistic property. Rights reserved.

    Creative Commons License

    This work is protected by a Creative Commons License.

    No part of this blog may be used, copied, and/or reproduced without the consent of the blog owner. Any violation is subject to criminal persecution.

    ---------

    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

    WARNING!!!
    Site is off-limits to dad!

    If you are my dad and you are so hard-headed that you're still reading this, exit immediately. Trust daddy! Trust! I'd really hate you if I find out you are still snooping around.

    ---------

    All comments (courtesy of Haloscan from 4.6.2004-3.21.2005 and Blogger thereonafter) are stored but will no longer be displayed.

    Commenting system already disabled since this blog now only kept for posterity sake, cross-postings aside.

    You may visit me at

    www.fairytale-not.
    livejournal.com

    and

    www.missprim
    butnotproper.
    multiply.com

    ---------

    FRIENDS, FEEL FREE TO ADD ME UP IN FRIENDSTER, LIVE JOURNAL, AND MULTIPLY! :)

    ---------

    Thank you very much for dropping by and reading my journal.

    This page has been flicked this number of times: