
Aside from absolutely lovin' the current season of The Amazing Race, I caught the American Idol bug as well.
What can I say? Blame it on vacation. It's a proven fact that people overcompensate on stuff missed when they were busy the first moment they have a chance. The list includes sleep, food, self-pampering, gimmicks, and yes, the boob tube. So here we go with the commentaries.
Introduction
[Mar 12 2005, 03:54 AM]
(Instruction: Read the following in Ryan Seacrest feeling-cool voice)
America has voted and they're down to 12. Who will follow in the footsteps of Kelly, Reuben, and Fantasia? Find out. Only here on American Idol.
On Mario Vasquez' Sudden Drop-out +
Initial Picks from the 12
[Mar 18 2005, 04:32 PM]
Sayang naman si Mario Vasquez! I like him pa naman. I really wonder why he disappeared from the show just like that. The stories going around are pretty interesting: a record deal offer, disagreement with the AI producers, gay nude photos all over the net, personal stuff, etc. Take your pick. Entertainment mongers are having a field day.
Anyway... Right now, I am rooting for the following people:
* Bo - I think that he and Constantine bring a unique dimension to American Idol since rockers sila. Constantine is ok but I think Bo sings better and he seems to be a more "genuine" rocker. Na-turn off kasi ako sa version ng "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic" ni Constantine. Bo is the real thing!

Rock n Roll Bo!Source: Reality TV website
* Anwar - has one of the best voices, knows how to choose his songs, and as Simon says (hehe... parang game!) is "a really nice guy." Syempre hindi naman talaga dapat factor 'yun since it's a talent contest so talent comes first. Pero sa akin factor. Ayoko nung lalaki ang ulo. I guess it's part of charisma.
* Nadia and Vonzell - These girls just know how to work it!!! Actually, wala akong masyadong gusto sa girls nung una. Inisip ko nga unfair na kailangan 6-6 kasi halos lahat ng nakikita kong potential American Idol eh boys. But when they were cut down to 12 and nagsimula na sa todo biritan, these girls showed na kaya nilang makipagsabayan sa boys. They got the vocals, the showmanship, and even the fashion sense.
Who I want out:
* Mikalah Gordon - I found her cute nung start with her bubble personality and funny voice (talking that is, mala-Fran Drescher) pero now parang mayabang na asiwa na. Ewan ko. Something has changed talaga sa kanya.
TOTALLY HOT EPISODE
[Mar 24 2005, 06:01 AM]
Tonight's show was hot! Flamin'! I echo Randy in saying that the idol stars got their game on. The performances were great! It must have dawned on the contestants that this is big, that this is it, so they gave it their best.
I especially like the middle part. THE WINNERS in my opinion are:
* Bo Bice - Ngayon ko lang narinig 'yung "Time in a Bottle" but I fell in love with it when Bo sang it. Nung nag-start and it registered to me na ballad with accompanying strings ang kakantahin niya, medyo napa-uh-oh ako. but Bo proved that he could do a subdued number and still rock!!! Yeah! Bo is the man!!!
* Nikko Smith - The way he sang "Incomplete" did Sisqo's version justice. The dude had it going on!
* Vonzell Solomon - I've always thought Vonzell has a stand-out personality even if she is the dark horse in this contest. So to Simon's "For the first time, America will remember you" comment: No, Vonzell is not forgettable! But yes, America will especially remember her tonight! "Whoahoah... you got the best of my love... whoahoah" Sobrang saya ng performance niya! She lit the stage!

Vavoom Vonzell!Source: Idol on Fox
Kudos also to Carrie and Jessica! Their vocals brought the house down. And as Simon says, they've proven that the girls are determined to be at par with (and possibly even outdo) the boys. I'm not particularly fond of them but i must say, good job. I'm glad they are showing their stuff.
The rest were also good. Anwar, Anthony, Scott... The only loser for me is:
* Mikalah - She seemed so out of it! Parang sobrang distant and trying hard ng dating niya! Tsk tsk... Where has her spunk gone? Sa iba medyo ok pa eh kahit di sobrang galing.
I admit that I'm a bit disappointed with Nadia lalo na bet ko siya! Oversinging! Bawi lang sa showmanship, good intentions, determination, and fashion sense. Pero relatively ok pa rin. Layo sa pagkakalat ni Mikalah! So kahit papaano, in pa rin sa akin si Nadia! Sana lang next week she picks a good song.
Constantine's cover was admittedly ridiculous but it wasn't sooo bad. Carry pa rin niya.
Overall: I'd say Mikalah's bad number plus Nadia and Constantine's so-so performances are forgivable when weighed against the rest that were awesome. It was a very good show! Tanggalin na si Mikalah please para sobrang swak na sa mga next weeks... I hope the numbers get even hotter as there are fewer and fewer contestants left.
P.S. Natatawa ako kay Paula. Why the hell does she have to kiss Simon whenever he makes a positive comment? Wala lang, parang over ang pagkampi niya sa mga contestant... just the thought of kissing Simon... on televison pa... broadcasted in different countries... yuck! Girl, what are you thinking???
FRAN DRESCHER IS OUT!
[Mar 27 2005, 01:20 AM]
Yesss!!! Mikalah finally got eliminated!
Like I said, the girl showed a lot of promise at first with her personality. She was full of spunk and was so fun! But then, she got boring. With her last 2 or 3 awful performances, IMHO she deserves the boot.

From Fun, Funky, and FabulousSource: Idol on Fox

To Boring and Bland as a RockSource: Idol on Fox
PLAYING PAULA ABDUL AND RATING THE IDOLS
[Mar 31 2005, 03:17 AM]
I found tonight's show disappointing. A let-down considering how hot AI was last week. Konti lang ang "wow" performances. Maraming "ok lang."
Well, the theme was a bit boring to begin with... ho-hum... So maybe that's one factor. Akala ko pa naman "soundtrack of hit TV shows" 'coz that's what has been going around in forums. I sure hope they think of more creative themes next time. All the same, I'm gonna give my assessment like I did for the other episodes...
First up, Anwar... Sorry to Anwar fanatics but I've crossed him out of my favorite list seeing this week's show. He has a really good voice and a very pleasant demeanor but Randy Jackson is right. (I usually disagree with him and Paula since they're all praises and don't really listen but tonight he was correct most of the time.) Anwar does leave it up to the one big note in the end. He needs to pace the entire song, get into the entire performance. I really wish he'd wow me, wow us all, again.
Moving on from that. Vonzell and her big finale: wow!!! I've always believed in this girl. She has now officially moved up my favorite list to take Anwar's place. She is getting better and better. I've heard good versions of the song from past AIs and which is the best is subject to debate but hers was definitely a good one. To her "I have nothing... nothing... nothing!" I say, "Girl, you've got something... something... something!" She looked great too! She could actually pass off as a member of Destiny's Child. Go Vonzel!!!

Definitely Something!!!Source: Idol on Fox
Nadia - Another one of my faves! Good vocals and showmanship but I didn't like the song she sang that much. She has a tendency to be uber artistic and disregard melody and popular songs. That's gonna cost her.

Alternative Girl Nadia TurnerSource: Idol on Fox
Constantine - Although I'm not crazy about him and I know a lot of people want him out because they say it's showmanship and not voice that's pulling him through, I gotta admit his rendition of "I Can't Make You Love Me" was great! He has got charms! I found him endearing despite myself.
Bo - Unfortunately, I didn't catch his performance as he was the first one. Heard he didn't do too well. Awww... too bad for Bo. Boo!
Anthony, the pretty boy - Ummm... just being honest here... the "feeling sexy" vibe and bright green shirt didn't quite work for me!
Scott and Nikko - Scott's "One Last Cry" had some good parts and some bad parts. He should be more consistent next time. Nikko is good and all but he comes across as boyband-ish to me with his song choices. They're both "just ok."
Carrie and Jessica - This is so weird. I know they are good but I just don't like them. I appreciate them when they perform well (like tonight, Carrie made use of her fantastic pipes!!!) but I don't feel for them. They somehow lack charisma... I remember thinking "This girl isn't only really really blonde, she's really really bland too" about Carrie when she dished out a perfect-notes-but-obviously-mechanical performance.
Who I think will be in the bottom three:
Anthony
Jessica
Scott
Who I think should be in the top three
(at least top five):
Vonzell
Bo
Anwar (yeah, he just has to recover the touch he lost)
ONE OF THE BLAND ONES OUT
[Apr 1 2005, 06:39 PM]
Nasa bottom 3 nga si Jessica Sierra. And she was the one voted out!
Well, in my opinion, like I mentioned before, bland kasi siya. You need to have appeal to develop a fan base 'coz votes are important. Kita mo si Constantine, he performs well sometimes and poorly other times pero andun pa rin. He has loads of fans kasi 'coz he knows how to work it. Medyo overstaying na nga but I must say deserve rin niya kahit papaano kasi like Simon points out, Constantine "know[s his] target audience and how to appeal to that target audience."
Isa pa talaga iyang si Carrie. Sorry to her fans. I respect your opinion. Kanya-kanya naman 'yan eh. Wala lang rin talaga siyang appeal sa akin like Jessica. Pero siguro rin it's 'coz I'm not really into country. But I do admit she sings well, maybe even the best notes-wise among the girls.
OBSERVATION ABOUT MUSIC
[Apr 3 2005, 05:47 PM]
A little something I've noticed: People are very different when it comes to preference in music.
It might set the stage for conflict but I like it that way. It gives us the benefit of so many artists, songs, albums, etc. Talk about setting creativity free!!! It'd be really boring (totally ho-hum ) if everyone liked the same thing.
I really find this fascinating. Don't you guys notice that while there is such a thing as universality (which is why so many songs have the same topics--ex. love, why there are "classics" and genres, etc.), people are very personal with their music? They have a particular taste and take that taste very personally. Sometimes they don't get other people's musical taste. And of course they think their fave songs are the best. It's so illogical but it's undeniable normal human behavior. And it's great. It's fantastic. We all just need to remember individuality and respect 24/7.
AI AWARDS
[Apr 3 2005, 05:47 PM]
If I could give out my own American Idol Awards, they'd be:
Best For Radio (ergo just close your eyes and enjoy the music... would get you into the mood if on the radio more than TV... but this is meant as a compliment 'coz he made it even though he's not very good-looking. I'd have him any day kaysa mga pretty dancers non-singers who have a totally undeserved flourshing career) : Scott Savol
Most Probably Gonna be turned into a Matinee Idol : Anthony Federov
My Fashion Sense Rocks : Vonzell Solomon

Putting the F in FashionSource: Idol on Fox
My Fashion Sense Sucks : Anthony Federov, when he was wearing that bright green (or is it lime?) loose Ricky Martin-like polo... eek!
CONSTANTINE'S CHARMS + FAN BASE ISSUE
[Apr 8 2005, 05:54 PM]
Like a friend of mine put it, "Constantine knows how to flirt with the camera! Good strategy 'coz that'll make millions of phone-owning American girls support him."
My opinion of Constantine has always been that he is definitely not the best singer among the boys but he knows how to work what he has, namely charms and that musical-theater thing (which made last week's theme the perfect opportunity for him to capture even more hearts.)
We all see that it's really working. Gosh, even Paula said she's "falling in love with him." Must admit, he is endearing in some way. He's starting to grow on me. +++ points for Constantine!

"Smoldering Idol"
Source: Reality TV website
Moving on from "Smoldering Idol" as Simon tagged him, I just want to ask: Why the hell was Nikko voted out?!? And Vonzell part of the bottom 3????!!!! Argh!!!! What are these people thinking? I'd sure like to know.
While Nikko did have a pitchy start in that performance the votes were based on, I think there were others who gave even less satisfying performances. It just so happens that they have a larger fan base. Hello? Anthony Federov??? Sorry to his fans. I liked him in the auditions but his past performances clearly indicate that there are others who deserve the American Idol title better. And there is also Scott. Even Bo. (I like him but bad last 2 weeks). I really think Nikko deserves to stay for at least a week or two more. He brings a unique R&B flavor to the show. It was totally unfair!
FORD COMMERCIAL
[Apr 8 2005, 06:40 PM]
I just want to say ang ganda nung FORD commercial. 'Yung "Everybody's got something...." It's the best commercial bit I've seen for this season.
SOB STORY MY ASS!
[Apr 10 2005, 11:43 PM]
The sob story thing with Anthony Federov is going a bit too far.
While I do want a contestant with a sad story to win just to go prove dreams do come true and provide some inspiration, life story should only be one factor. There is talent, choice of song, image, and charisma too. We should go for the total package. "Star quality" in its total sense.
GO ANWAR, BO, CONSTANTINE, NADIA, AND VONZELL!!!
[Apr 10 2005, 11:43 PM]
I now have a fave five.
Anwar has taken the judges' comments seriously and improved. I'm glad for him. Gusto ko siya dati then na-bore na ako but now he's striking my interest again.
So right now, I think it's anybody's game. It would really depend on the choice of song and the strategy to get votes.
Go Vonzell! Baby V!
Go Bo! Raise your performance level. Not a very good past 2 weeks.
Go Nadia! Show 'em that class!
Go Anwar! Remember, whole song! Not just final big notes!
Go Constantine! Work it!
MY TOP TWO
[Apr 12 2005, 05:19 PM]
Someone asked me who is my one ultimate bet.
Hmmm... that's hard. But I'd say it's a toss between Bo and Vonzell.
Although I admit hindi solid and voice ni Vonzell. Medyo pitchy minsan. So i guess Bo. Pero kailangan niyang bumawi talaga.
AND THE GAME IS ON!!!
[Apr 13 2005, 08:05 PM ]
Baby V's hard work, good strategy, sweet demeanor, and determination finally paid off! As Paula says, she's like sunshine, some bright sweet light up that stage. Even Simon agrees that she's very likeable and that she's growing. Yey for Vonzell! You go girl!
Anwar is back in the game! It's great watching him deliver a complete song, a stunner not just for the last few parts but from start to finish!
And it's official. I've officially crossed the "like line" when it comes to Constantine. I'm including him in my bets. He's riding the contest so well, tapping on what works for him. The tough Simon acknowledged his growth in the competition. "Astonishing!" Can you believe that came out of the great critic's mouth?
As of April 13, this is my top five (I noticed that I change my mind a lot when it comes to bets in AI. I guess it's 'coz I have a basic like-dislike then I judge the individual performance. So this is bound to change. But anyway, just for now at least...):
* in random order *
Vonzell
Bo
Anwar
Nadia
Constantine
[Pattern: rockers, blacks, people with good showmanship and fashion sense, surprising/exciting/takes risks and shines]
So that leaves out Carrie, Scott, and Anthony. I don't have anything against them. It's just that I don't have anything FOR them either.
Carrie has a truly beautiful voice! She just really needs to work on her personality/image. I love Pat Benatar's "Love is a Battlefield" but I felt a certain lack with her interpretation. It appeared so forced.
I am honestly glad Anthony got back up the horse after being battered with "Hideous!" and lots of negative comments lately. Maybe he'll be safe this week. That's unless his numerous fans relax because he's got good reaction this week.
I am soooo not liking Scott right now. Confidence is one thing. Overconfidence is another. I don't know if it's just me but his response to the judges was just a tad bit hoity-toity.
I wonder what tomorrow's elimination has in store for us and the Idols.
A UNIQUE WINNER + ON SIMON COWELL
[Apr 14 2005, 06:09 PM]
I'm really hoping the winner of this season is a unique talent. We already have a pop/ballad belter in Kelly, an R&B hommie in Reuben, and a diva in Fantasia. It would be nice to get a treat in the form of a different sound and an exciting personality!

Cruel (but Correct) Simon, Pretty Paula, and "Keepin' it REAL" RandySource: Article on American Idol [Review Journal]
On Simon: My initial impression of him was "What a prick!!!" I really didn't like the way he put contestants down, especially his truly hurtful metaphors and blunt show of dislike.
But as I got more familiar with the show and learned how to "really listen" to the performances (ergo look at the notes, take note of all the aspects of the performance, compare, study the strategy, etc.), I've realized that although he can be a meanie, he is indeed right most of the time.
The guy knows what he's talking about. That is especially in comparison to Randy and Paula. (Well, Randy at least tries to "keep it real" sometimes. But Paula is... babbling... and over in her support.)
So now I tend to listen to Simon to get the real score. And most of the time (not every time!) I agree. He can be biased at times (example: pimping Carrie) but he fundamentally speaks the truth, what other judges cautious of how the public would react to them dare not say.
So I guess this is what I can say about Simon: Don't dismiss him and his musical judgment. Just make sure that at the end of the day, it's still you who decides how you feel about each contestant. Just take his advice in stride.
NADIA VOTED OUT!
[Apr 16 2005, 10:30 PM]
And my top five becomes four...
Unfortunately, it's curtain call for the funky, sultry, and sexy Nadia.

Buh-bye Nadia!Source: Reality TV website
Even though I don't want her to go, I can see why she has to go. The competition is getting tougher and tougher. So the contestants need to keep coming up with something to please the viewers in order to get the votes they need. Sadly, Nadia didn't make the viewers and their votes priority.
My diagnosis: Nadia is too avante-garde. When the theme was Billboard 100 hits, she said that it wasn't her kind of thing, that she was into less popular artsy songs. She proved it by going for not-that-melodious songs almost all the same. And last week, she showed the same non-conformity. Even Randy Jackson didn't recognize the song. The result is that voters didn't find her very endearing.
It sucks... But I guess it's a lesson. Yes, we should go for what we want, express our individuality, not be chained down by norms. BUT (it's a big but) we should also recognize our undeniable connection to others and somehow keep them in mind.
Tsk, tsk... so unfortunate! But that's the way it goes...
Bye-bye Nadia!
ASIA VOTES
[Apr 21 2005, 04:03 PM]
Here are the results of this week's ASIA VOTES:
1. Constantine
2. Carrie
3. Bo
* hindi pinakita 'yung gitna *
* tapos last si Vonzell*
---------------------------------------------------------
Huh??? Di ko gets!
Kaya ba #1 sa atin si Constantine eh dahil ang mga nagbo-bother to text dun eh mga nag-bo-bother mag-text sa reality artista searches here? I'm not generalizing but Asians especially Filipinos are said to have a penchant for believing the image and supporting the underdog, mapa-politika o entertainment. Ang image ba ni Constantine ang nakapagpataas sa kanya? Don't get me wrong. I like Constantine and I do think patok siya sa taste ng Asia. But #1??? I want to know why. Didn't the people catch the performances? While he was good, he wasn't that great last night. There are far more deserving people. Siguro nung week ng musicals, I'd have voted for him to be top one, but not this week. Bo and Vonzell delivered the best performances sa disco music show.
Wawa talaga si Baby V., magaling pero wala masyadong fans. Ganda pa naman ng "I'm every woman" niya. She's so full of personality. Is this a bias against blacks? Medyo nasa lower half rin kasi sa asia votes si Anwar.
I'm really curious sa voting pattern na ito. Sobrang fan-driven. I've said before na importante talaga ang fans. I claim that until now. Pero kakaiba ito. Exag na! Parang hindi na nag-ma-matter ang show!!! Hindi lang 'yung basta endearing ang performance kaya undoubtedly nagustuhan ng tao. Naging "suportahan ang sariling manok" type na. Naging mas mataas pa si Carrie with her horrendous hairdo and totally unergetic performance (which totally misses the point of the disco theme) kaysa kay Bo na walang makakakontrang best for the night.
MY TOP FIVE BECOMES THREE a.k.a. ANWAR... OUT! NOOOOOO!!!!!
[Apr 21 2005, 04:58 PM]
Okay... now I'm really baffled sa taste ng America.
Why oh why did Anwar have to go?????????

Anwar: Didn't last 'til "September"Source: Reality TV website
Hindi man best ang performance niya, it was pretty good. What I got from watching him is this feeling na parang mas free siya, mas into the performance.
Issue kaya ang rumors na bading siya? Kung totoo man iyon eh hindi ako magugulat. But then again hindi naman dapat factor 'yun. Boses po!!! Hindi sexual orientation!!! O talaga lang konti ang fans niya? That brings me to question those who are still in dahil lamang sa fans at sobrang hindi dahil sa talent.
Kainis talaga! I think Anwar very much deserves to stay longer.
LOKOHAN IDOL
[Apr 29 2005, 05:58 PM]
I'm starting to get really bored with "American Idol," especially now that its rival "The Amazing Race" is getting more and more exciting.
Unlike TAR kasi where teams make it or get eliminated based largely on their performance and just partly because of luck, I am seeing that performance matters less and less while fan base + politics (the messy, evil kind) matters more and more sa AI. Although syempre, hindi naman natin masisisi since search for a star ito so boto ang importante. Pero kasi naman, sumosobra na. I'm slightly uncomfortable sa ganung set-up kahit I find AI a good show considering the basic concept.
Ano ba kasi ang nangyayari?
Una, natanggal si Anwar! *boo*
Tapos si Constantine! *boo*
At natira pa si Scott! *boo, boo, boo*
I found this week's show with the 2000-2005 theme hardly worth viewing (thus, the lack of a commentary for that one) with half of the Idols delivering sub-par numbers. But the elimination was worse.
I am not a die-hard Constantine fan although I do like him and he's one of my bets. And I did think that he didn't do that Nickelback song justice. He ineffectively shifted back to rocker mode after impressing everyone with his more dramatic and more likeable song choices. But still, there was some showmanship.
And that is in comparison to the sucky performance of Scott and Carrie's so-so already-been-done-before country shtick. Of course, I didn't count on the bland blonde to be voted out because she has loads of fans. But for her to be part of the top three whilst great-performance not-so-many-fans Vonzell as well as better-performance-than-Carrie and has-a-relatively-strong-fan-base Anthony are in the bottom is baffling. Multiply the bafflement a thousand times and that's how I feel about Scott. Kasama pa sa top 3 after such a horrendous performance! I think Simon nailed it when he commented "Pack your bags" and whoever didn't see that is blind aside from tone-deaf.
Tsaka kasi kung papipiliin ako between two singers na parehong hindi as super galing as the other vocalists and their performance for the week hindi gaano kaayaaya pero 'yung isa may charisma at 'yung isa wala, eh di doon na ako sa may charisma. At least nakaka-entertain with his personality at may showmanship.

Constantine
I'd take him any day over Scott!Source: Reality TV website
Oh America, how do you vote? And why do vote that way? I really wanna know: who are you putting in the top 3?
At this point, I think Bo and Carrie are good bets for the finale. Although I'm personally rooting for Bo and Vonzell. Sana Vonzell makes it kahit sa third spot lang kasi improving naman siya at magaling performances kahit di siya kasing sikat ng iba.

Top Five:
From this roster will rise THE AMERICAN IDOLSource: Idol on Fox
Kapag nakapasok pa si Scott sa top three, pakitawagan si Janay (for those who can't remember, Janay is the black teenager na mukhang tuod at parang frozen on stage each time kumakanta siya, sobrang painful panoorin!) and let's turn this into "Lokohan Idol."
CROSS-COMMENTARY
[May 7 2005, 05:32 PM]
Thank you very much America!
I'm satisfied with this week's performance and elimination shows. The competition of the final four is one to watch out for.
------------------------------
Cross-Commentary (Wednesday performance vis-a-vis Thursday results) of each contestant in order of appearance:
Anthony: I'm not familiar with his first song "Poison Ivy" so I couldn't tell if he had pitch problems or not. I'd say the number is okay, but just okay. Ho-hum.
It was his second number that surprised me. He did a Backstreet Boys ballad for the current Billboard hit category, whoah! I didn't think Anthony was that much of a pop star! Hehehe... ;P But I agree with Simon, the song suited him. I'm sure it made his teenage girls fanbase very happy.
For making up in the second performance after not-very-good comments when he first came out on stage, I'd say the birthday boy is worthy of his birthday gift.
Scott: I loved that first song! He showed fighting spirit and class in doing "On Broadway" to get back at Simon. I'm handing Scott major props for that one. Way to go!!!

Telling Simon he ain't packing his bags and giving up
'til he gets on BroadwaySource: Idol on Fox
Too bad his second song was a bit off. He just might have pulled off another "escape" if that had been good. While he got the R&B vibe, the general performance was sub-par from the original.
I do think he deserves the boot. He deserved it weeks ago. So I'm glad he finally got it. I must say thought that things turned out well for him. At least people would remember him for that great, fun, feisty last performance! It did cap his "American Idol" adventure well. For that, I'm happy for him. Buh-bye Scottie!
Vonzell: Maybe I am biased because I'm a fan but I really could not and up to now cannot see how Simon found her 2 numbers a mess. They looked and sounded pretty good to me!
Vonzell's bright personality came out with that catchy Elvis tune. Though I don't think her vocals were perfect for the Billboard current hit like Randy Jackson claims, it was pretty close to perfect. I just love Vonzell!!!
America disagreed with Simon. Yey! In my opinion, Vonzell wasn't vulnerable that Wednesday night and she very much deserves to be a part of the final four.
Bo and Carrie: I'm evaluating them together 'coz they performed the same and got the same results.
For their good song choices, fantastic vocals, aesthetically-pleasing look, and "American Idol" fire, they both received the ticket to become THE IDOL they had coming. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Bo-Carrie finals.

Country Girl Carrie: Though Boring, Very ConsistentSource: Idol on Fox
BETS
[May 11 2005, 01:27 AM]
Marami-rami na sa mga gusto ko ang natanggal--sina Anwar, Nadia, at Constantine. Hopefully di na matanggal ibang bets ko.
My preferred order:
4. Anthony
3. Carrie
2. Vonzell*
1. Bo*
* interchangeable, kahit sino sa 2 manalo masaya ako
But I think hindi likely matupad ang order na gusto ko kasi I'm basing that from my own degree of like for the contestants.
I think it'll be:
4. Vonzell
3. Anthony
2. Bo
1. Carrie
That's just what I think AS OF NOW. Syempre mas madali to assess then analyze the outcomes upon seeing the show and taking note of the AI environment (fanbase, politics, theme for the week, etc.)
I just hope this season is worth watching and that it produces a quality Idol.
BUH-BYE BABY V!!!
[May 20 2005, 05:53 PM]
Waaahhhh!!!! Out na si Baby V! :(
Ang saya-saya ko pa naman when she made it to the final five at nung nakalusot siya from Anthony's fanbase to enter final three.
So predictable ang Bo-Carrie. According to fanbase and the build-up ng makers ng AI that is. But it's not exciting! For me at least. Sobrang mechanical ni Carrie. Maganda na sa kung maganda ang boses. And she does have the pop star look. Pero walang feelings. Walang spirit. I feel like mas mukhang battle/exciting match kung Bo-Vonzell showdown.
Hay naku... GO BO!!!
AI TURNED UPSIDE DOWN!
[May 26 2005, 09:35 AM]
After seeing last night's show, napa-"Whhhhaaaaaatttttt the hell happened?" ako.
I like Bo exactly because he has spirit and a signature style. He exudes confidence and rocker spunk sa performances niya kaya nga siya unique and very likeable.
Tapos kagabi ganun.
Ano kaya nangyari? Sa lahat naman ng show na pwedeng i-botch up, eh itong crucial one pa.
Tapos it's the opposite for Carrie. Medyo may feelings na siya ngayon. Bland blonde no more!
Parang nabaligtad ang mundo and I can't help but feel na planado ng AI team. Too much of a coincidence kasi na na-reverse ang performance style nilang 2 eh.
Kung sabagay, between the two of them, it's Carrie who needs the title. She has the look and the voice pero di pa enough para ma-package siya ng maayos. A title would in that aspect. Si Bo naman pwedeng ma-offer-an na agad ng contract and he'll sell records with or without the title.
I'm not saying for certain na rigged ang AI. Baka nga nag-succumb sa pressure si Bo kaya siya naging sablay or super gumaling si Carrie dahil motivated. Theory ko lang na may foul play.
I hope for AI's credibility that the deserving person based on the performance from start to finish wins!
OKAY... WHATEVER!
[May 26 2005, 12:32 PM]
Hay naku.... kainis ang results! Mas ok talaga ang CBS with TAR this season kaysa AI... pero sige na nga...
CONGRATULATIONS CARRIE!
Kung sabagay, the girl has the face and the talent. Sana lang talaga those handling her maisip na ipa-undergo siya sa image/personality/style enhancement program at nang hindi siya nakakabato.
But for me... BO IS THE IDOL!!!
Anyway, nasa after the contest naman yan if they succeed or not.
Note: Posts have been edited to suit blog format. For the original version and/or to participate in a discussion about the show, visit:
iATENEO >> The Anything Goes Show >> Couch Potatoes >> American Idol *** spat out from the mind of Rachelle @ 2:03 PM

