GIRL INTERRUPTED

GIRL INTERRUPTED

Girl Interrupted

AVERAGE EVERYDAY SANE PSYCHO SUPERGODDESS

5.18.2005

THE AMAZING RACE 7
[SUMMARY AND COMMENTARY FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON]

 
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Here are some commentaries I posted on iNEXUS (kinda got into the habit of posting my ideas and feelings there since my blog was down) about the best adventure show on cable TV. Go gaga over the latest season of "The Amazing Race" with me.


INTRODUCTION

[Feb 11 2005, 12:08 AM]


They have traveled all around the world. They have completed a lot of tasks, not letting roadblocks stop them. Couples have fought, couples have learned to appreciate each other. Jerry Bruckheimer already has 6 seasons under his belt. And now there's a new one. Welcome to the wonder known as "The Amazing Race!"



PILOT EPISODE + AND THEN THERE WERE TEN

[Mar 10 2005, 03:15 AM]


Season 7 has just began.


So far so good. I enjoyed it. Different players and different locations but same old "Amazing Race" brand of fun.


I must say though that I didn't expect the driver guys to be booted out first.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I thought that their driving skills would come in handy and that they'd be good for challenges that require lack of kaartehan. However, as it turns out, weight is a far more important factor. The two couldn't run fast so they hit the mat last. Too bad for them. But anyway...


    The teams I wanna win:



* Debbie and Bianca - They're smart nice girls who obviously have a strong bond. They kicked everyone's butt for the first leg of the race!!!


* Lynn and Alex - the gay couple who provide lots of humor to the show


* Meredith and his wife Gretchen - (Got confused. Apparently Meredith is a guy! Poor guy being names like that!) I have a soft spot in my heart for the oldie team. Though I know that they're at a disadvantage when strength is considered, I like them for the love and understanding they exhibit in comparison to bickering young couples.


* Uchenna and Joyce - To represent the blacks! They're the symbol of the marginalized here. And they do need the money with their problems and all!


    The team I don't wanna win:



* Only one actually. Just Rob and Amber. I don't like all the deceit and cut throat competition they showed on "Survivor" and are now showing in "The Amazing Race."


Everyone else is fair game to me.


Can't wait to catch episode 2.



AND THEN THERE WERE TEN

[Mar 11 2005, 06:52 PM]


Grabe, foot race na naman to the finish!

The blonde girls are out.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Ok lang... Wala lang.
I didn't really think they would last too long.



ON THE EVIL KNOWN AS TEAM ROMBER

[Mar 18 2005, 05:05 PM]


I can see why some people would root for Rob and Amber (a.k.a. ROMBER). Oo nga, they're competitive and thus they make the game more exciting.


Pero I stand firm on my dislike. I'll watch them--after all, they're interesting to watch--but I won't support them. Gusto ko manalo people who are truly deserving.



AND THEN THERE WERE EIGHT

[Mar 18 2005, 05:05 PM]


Grabe, hindi ko akalaing matatanggal sina Debbie and Bianca.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The Strong Babes a.k.a. My Superfaves

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

NOOOOO!!!!!!!! I love them. Tsaka sila pa naman ang first place sa first leg. Sayang naman! I really feel they could've gone a long way. They have the strength, the wits, the bonding, the charisma. Shucks, this is what's bad with TAR, isang malas na mali lang like mawala, wala ka na!



DIE YE EVIL ONES + AND THEN THERE WERE SEVEN

[Mar 24 2005, 06:50 AM]


Ugh, now I have even more reason to dislike Rob and Amber! I concede... ang galing ng schemes nila. But it's really not endearing. Not the least bit.


Ang masasabi ko lang sa episode tonight:


* Sobrang malas nina Alex and Lynn. Grabe, sayang! They had the advantage and they got it going pero minalas talaga sila. Ayon nga kay alex, "Well, luck is part of the game. What can you do?"


* Parang kulang dahil wala ang tough chicks na sina Debbie and Bianca! I sure would have loved to see Debbie telling that assh*le Rob off one more time!


* Feeling ni Ray!!! 'Yung mga comments niya about the oldies sobrang reflective of a pathetic need to be taught some manners. Sobra kung magsalita, hindi naman magaling. He doesn't deserve to be grouped with those at the bottom raw eh quitter naman siya! FYI Ray, nasa last teams kayo kasi 'di niyo kinain 'yung 4 pounds of meat. So you do deserve to be there. Ha! Kainis!


* Ibang klase ang bouts ng mother and gay son. Fighting again and again with one clinging on to every bit of hope while the other having adopted a "realistic" view and given up, I'm not surprised they lost.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I'm looking forward to next week's episode. Exciting ang preview. May nahulog at nagdugo. May car accident. Totoo kaya 'yun or nasa editing lang nila like 'yung nahulog si Uchenna sa horse? Whether its true or hyped up, ka-abang-abang!



SUPER AMAZING EPISODE + AND THEN THERE WERE SIX

[Mar 31 2005, 03:55 AM]


This week's show is to date THE BEST AND MOST EXCITING EPISODE OF THE AMAZING RACE 7!!!!!


Kaya naman pala special back-to-back 2 hours.


Sobrang dami kong comment. I don't know where to start. O.M.G.! Here we go:


* Ang tindi ng kapangyarihan ng KARMA!!! After saying things like "I'm not letting a 70-year-old man and his wife beat me. Not even in checkers. No matter what, we've got them beat..." and "These people are not in our game level (something to that effect)" Ray and Deana got what they deserve! A boot out! Sobrang saklap pa. From first place (which they only got 'coz they got lucky with a FAST FORWARD) to last place! Bwahahahahaha!!!! Nalampasan sila ng previously last place and na-aksidente pang old couple na linalait nila. By two levels! Not one! But two! Serves 'em right! Yabang kasi ni Ray eh. All talk naman. Parating pinapagalitan si Deana pero si Deana naman gumagawa ng majority ng tasks, lalo na mahihirap.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


* I now have sobrang respect for Meredith and Gretchen. Inisip ko talaga matatanggal na sila but they were able to hang on for two more legs. I doubt they'll get far pa (siguro 1 or a few episodes na lang) but I think that they've already achieved so much. For one, considering that they're old and minamaliit ng iba at tinatayaang matanggal, they stayed on quite long. Secondly, kahit na-aksidente tuloy pa rin. Moreover, with no money and no possessions they survived pa. Ibang klase talaga!!! And they're always so kind to everybody, so supportive of each other (unlike Ray and Deana who bicker 90% of the time), and so determined kahit nasa bottom pack na. I wish them all the best! Kahit ma-eliminate na sila, they've proven their worth.


* The brothers are starting to grow on me. They're so funny kasi. I like 'yung maling sulat sa clue, yung "Go home to your mother, give her a nice warm hug, eat all the enchaladas you can until you enter a food coma..." Haha!!! Kulit talaga! Tapos yung T-shirts pa na binili nila sa kids WWF. Dami nila hirit all throughout the show.


* Lynn and Alex gain points in my book for saying "We're people first, racers second." Tsaka "The money is the prize but being here is a price in itself (something to that effect)." They gain even more points by living up to it. It was awfully nice of them to go down the car and the brothers out when the truck flipped over. Yes, it's a race pero what's a few minutes naman to check up on people's safety/people's lives? Sobrang bow ako sa kanila for that.


* And super minus sa already negative impression ko kay Rob and Amber for simply passing by (hello, kahit binuksan lang window for ONE FRIGGIN' MINUTE like the rest of the teams did just to ask, "Are you ok?" Wala talagang konsensiya! Ano kaya kung sila ma-aksidente!!!) It's one thing to be strategic. It's one thing to want to win. But it's another to be mean, manipulative, and downright evil!


* Pansin ko rin, ROMBER are not really as "great" players as some people think they are/make them up to be. Ako lang ba nakakapansin? Rob sucks at tasks and he always chooses the "more sissy" one. Sure, they have moments! Like the taking-books-to-the-library move but for the most part, hindi sila kagalingan. Mas tough pa nga yung POW tsaka si Uchenna. Rob was last sa shooting arrows thing. Naunahan pa ni grandpa tsaka ni Joyce! 'Yung sa ibang nakakalamang sila, they're only able to do so because they use their fame in getting people to help them. I guess what I'm trying to say is that they are good but only in comparison to the other players and because of lucky breaks. But they are in no way exceptional. AR is different from "Survivor" you meanies! Stop injecting it in.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"Surving" the Race



* Natawa lang ako kay Joyce. Kasi dun sa shopping, sabi niya agad kay Uchenna "I don't want to do it. You do it." Pero volunteer naman siya sa arrows. Kakaibang babae! Hahahaha...


* Andaming "evening the game out" points sa 2 leg na ito. Long waits, same bus ride for all, activities by batch, etc. Siguro the producers are spicing it up. Gotta admit that it's working. This has got to be the closest and most exciting season! Paiba-iba talaga positions ng mga teams.


* Questions lang po: Bakit wala pa ulit yield? Bakit kaya nagbago rule sa non-elimination? (pati naman gamit! sobrang kawawa ng players) Hindi ba 3-4 ang non-elimination? (eh di malamang meron next week matatanggal after nun non-elimination ng baka 2 sunod. hmmm....)


Whew! haba na nito! Anyway, to wrap up, basta for me astig talaga ang episode na ito! Thrice ko pinanood. Palipat-lipat ako ng konti sa "American Idol" pero objectviely, as fans ng pareho, natabunan ng AR ang AI this week.


FAMEWHORES VS. GAYS

[Mar 31 2005, 09:44 PM]


Fact 1: Lynn and Alex hate Rob and Amber.


Fact 2: Rob and Amber hate Lynn and Alex


The result = more competition


Thus more excitement for us viewers! So yipee! Magpatayan lang sila! Sige lang. Hehehe... Joke!



ON THE CONTESTANTS

[Apr 1 2005, 06:32 PM]


I just love dissecting and discussing the episodes.


I actually wasn't looking forward to the summary. But since there are never-before-seen footage included, I'm interested. I wonder what the contestants do in "lull times" like waiting sa airport. And i want to see them do/say crazy things.


Sa totoo lang kasi, sa last episode lang nag-focus talaga and we learned a lot about the contestants. That's when we've seen the oldies' strength and determination, Uchenna and Joyce's soft side, Lynn and Alex and Brian and Gregg's closeness to each other, etc. I want more of that.


I've only noticed the POW and pageant queen Ron and Kelly recently. Actually, they're kinda good. Silent workers. But kinda boring. I hope they spice things up.


The brothers are definitely funny. I bet they're good company.



TOP FIVE + SUMMARY

[Apr 8 2005, 07:08 PM]


I really really like this season. Panalo! Usually kasi at this point, the game gets a little boring na tapos magpi-pickup na lang ulit ang pace when it's already the final 3. But nooo! Daming exciting na nangyayari. Parang buhok na ginamitan ng *toot* shampoo, it just keeps getting better and better. Hehe...


First off, kaka-windang naman 'yun! 2 teams ang nagkamali at pinabalik. Akalain niyo ba? Exag!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Meredith and Gretchen keep their cool as they
go back for a clue missed

Buti na lang pasok pa rin sila. I really like Uchenna and Joyce. That couple shows strength and teamwork sa mga challenges. I mean, wow! They were the only ones who were able to do the native "carry it" task. That's aside from Uchenna being the first to finish the 4 lbs. of assorted meat eating task some episodes back. I like Meredith and Gretchen too because of the determination they are showing. It's quite something that they made it this far considering their age and the penalty from the last non-elimination. Paulit-ulit kong sasabihin, kahit matanggal na sila sa next episode, astig na talaga sila para makaabot ng ganito.


Pero sa computation ko, non-elim next week.

*praying for the oldies to keep holding on*


Secondly, I'm sad that the brothers were eliminated. Dang! Wish this was a non-elimination leg. Would B&G really have finished the race with only their boxers on? Scary but amusing thought. ;P


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


They'd definitely go down as one of the most lovable and funny players. I know maraming may favorite sa kanila. Tsaka benta sa marami mga jokes nila. They're consistently fun! Got booted out in style! Say niyo?!?


Lynn and Alex were also very funny putting layers of clothes on feeling na mahuhuli sila at non-elimination ito. Sabay sila, "What???" when Phil announced they're team #4.


Kulit talaga ng mga players na ito! Making fashion statements and coming up with so many quotable quotes.


    On the summary episode:



Mas lalo lang ako nabuwisit sa ROMBER seeing how dinaya nila ang super bet kong sina Debbie and Bianca. (I missed the early half of that epi kasi) Kainis talaga! How could Rob put a straight face on the time the girls were being very kind and diplomatic nakikipagbati when he knows na may ginawa siyang masama sa kanila? Evil talaga! Hindi 'yan mananalo. Makakaabot siguro sa top 3 but karma will find a way. Mala-Colin and Christie. The good players, the truly deserving people, will push through!


On the lighter/non-hating side... naging close pala talaga sina B&G sa blondies. Yihee! I want to see them together sa finale ng TAR.



Last 5 teams in!!! I'm counting on 2 more non-elims so there's an extension in someone's stay, a yield, and harder challenges! So excited!!!



Non-Pit Stop Surprise

[Apr 13 2005, 07:59 PM]



Wow! That non-pit stop thing came as a surprise!



What's happening? In my computation, this leg is supposed to be a non-elimination one. Have the producers decided to make the leg worth two legs so that instead of having two non-elim rounds that would leave two unfortunate teams with no resources, there is a better chance to make up ground and there would only be one losing team (but one that is deserving of being stripped of money and things)? Or are they merely extending the season by an episode?


If it's the former, I like it 'coz that's fair and it would provide more excitement. But if there's a different big twist, I dunno. Might be good news or bad news for my fave and hate teams. Oooohhhh, I'm so curious. What's up with this?


Anyway, my observations/comments/reactions:



* The new alliances:


[Rob and Amber

+

Ron and Kelly]


[Lynn and Alex

+

Uchenna and Joyce

+

Meredith and Gretchen]


Very very interesting! Spices things up...


* It was awfully nice of Lynn and Alex to help Meredith and Gretchen out. I also like they way they're so patient with each other. If only they don't encounter bad luck that much... It's like unfortunate circumstances are naughtily seeking them out.


* It was weirdly nice that the Indians welcomed the granny team so warmly. But why only them? Is it 'coz they are last? 'Coz they are old? 'Coz they're the most liked? So strange. But nice just the same. I know I wouldn't mind an entire mob of people waving at me, shaking my hands, cheering, and asking for autographs. Hehe... ;)


* It is enjoyable watching ROMBER and Ron and Kelly think of ways to stab each other even if they are working together. Hahaha... Rob just always finds ways of showing his cunning. Why does he feel the need to broadcast his lack of morals on international TV? Why oh why? He just had to say that he found Ron and Kelly's decision to not yield them stupid. He just had to open his big evil mouth and say he would have yielded the POW and pageant queen if he and Amber got to the yield mat first! Wow, how very Rob! What can we expect from a person like that? Sorry to his fans. I commend ROMBER for being one of the top contenders but I really am not ok with the way they play the game. It's such a testament to the kind of people they are.


Moving on, let's talk about the preview:


* A party? Maybe that's the explanation for the non-pit stop. Maybe there's just a halt to the AR tasks.


* If I caught that right, Meredith was already raising his voice at Gretchen! Whoah, that's a first! Hope it's just a "Leave it up to me" temporary bout. It's so not like them. Fighting is so unnecessary, a dent on the relationship and a waste of time-bad for the task.


BUNCHING UP + ENERGIZER BUNNIES + MY BETS

[Apr 20 2005, 03:30 PM]


Now there's only one team to be eliminated before the climactic final three... This show just keeps on getting better and better!


* On the non-pitstop/non-elimination twist


I'm happy that it was a continuing leg so the oldies didn't get the boot. I'm really rooting for them now. Plus, all the remaining teams got to rest a little and party with the locals. Fun! Fun! Fun! Tsaka nag-bunch up pa (read: bunching up = more competition). I really like this twist. In your face ROMBER!


* Fast forward


Ooohh... that was some fast forward!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Joyce undergoing a Hindu good luck ritual:
Off with the hair!


I gotta hand it to Joyce for being very brave and allowing herself to be shaved bald. Though Uchenna was communicating support for his wife (with the way he asked "Are you ok with this?" again and again it was obvious that he didn't want her to go through something she did not want to do), she still went ahead and did the sacrifice for the benefit of their team. They rightfully deserve being first place.


If I were in Joyce's shoes, I'm not sure what I would have done. Maybe I'd have panicked or something. So I really give her the props... Way to go Joyce!!!


Just entertaining some what-if thinking: I think Amber wouldn't have done it. The pretty pageant queen Kelly certainly wouldn't have. In fact, I think if it was Kelly there, she would have thrown a fit and said stuff like "I'm a pageant queen! No way am I letting my beautiful brown hair go!" or something equally maarte. The gays would think its a fashion crime. The only team that I think would even consider it are the oldies. Game na game kasi si Gretchen! But even that is unsure since they didn't have to decide. So I really think Joyce was awesome for having done what she did! And in a super-determined, no fuss way pa!


* Energizer Bunny


Ang tatag talaga nina lolo at lola! Now they're officially the oldest team to have made it that far.


Grabe... ako talaga dreading but expecting their elimination mula noong 7 teams pa. I'm so glad they've proven me wrong thrice. Nakakapit pa rin sila. They have earned all the "Amazing Race" viewers' respect. *my hats off*


I think their magic formula is their good relationship with each other. Hardly nag-aaway (Iyon lang medyo sumigaw si Meredith nung nasa camel but that's understandble 'coz he was in the heat of a situatin tapos Gretchen laughed it off lang and they continued being sweety-sweety), parati silang understanding and supportive. Hayyy... ang swerte nila to be so old and have each other... I really won't forget the time Gretchen fell in the cave and they still kept on going. Tsaka 'yung Gretchen asked for a hug when she was getting frustrated finding the clue in the boxes last episode. Naaalala ko lolo at lola ko. Matanda na pero walang patid ang pagmamahalan.


I'm also starting to dig Gretchen's weird granny humor and her spunk. Count her shrill makulit voice in pa!


* Lynn and Alex


Awww... so sad to see them go.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


They're one of my top 3 teams pa naman out of the five. I'm guessing (though hoping my guess is wrong) na matatanggal na oldies before final 3. Badtrip nun. Ayokong manalo sina bwisit ROMBER. Okay na rin sina Ron and Kelly pero medyo boring and petty sila. In that case, Uchenna and Joyce na ako.


Haaayyy... nawala na mga gusto kong sina Debbie and Bianca, Brian and Greg, at Lynn and Alex. *sadness* I'm just hoping my other bets Meredith and Gretchen and Uchenna and Joyce hang on a little longer.


The question on every TAR fan's mind: Who will make it to the end???


A very disturbing yet exciting question it is. I can't wait to find the answer out.


EXTENDED POST ON THE EXTENDED LEG

[Apr 21 2005, 02:50 PM]



Additional comments on the extended leg... brought about by watching a replay of the episode...


I'm torn between happiness for Meredith and Gretchen tsaka sadness for Lynn and Alex. Pero ganyan talaga eh. Malas nila at nagkandawala-wala sila.


Pero at least maganda ang pag-exit nila sa show. Like my other favorites Debbie and Bianca tsaka Brian and Greg and very unlike 'yung mga hindi ko masyadong gustong team namely all-talk-no-action Ray and Deana and forever-bickering Susan and Patrick, they truly enjoyed the race. They played clean and embodied the TAR spirit. Plus, their relationship with each other became stronger. That is a prize in itself. So i guess we fans should still feel happy for them.


On the elephant challenge:


* Si Kelly, dahil maganda, tinulungan agad ng locals. O di ba? ;) Nagamit rin niya ang pagiging pageant queen niya. Hahaha... Winner! :) Tsaka in fairness magaling siya nung nagkasabay sila ni Amber sa camel. She made Amber eat her dust! Sa episode na ito ko lang medyo nagustuhan si Kelly. It was probably 'coz she wasn't whining tsaka magaling siya sa mga task. Sana ganito na ang ipakita niya sa susunod. Although I'm doubtful kasi sa preview eh she has Ron cornered with talk on commitment. Awayan kaya ito?


* Sina Meredith and Gretchen, pansin niyo ba na puro bata ang tumulong? Sa ibang team medyo mixed pero sa kanila puro bata. I wonder tuloy. Does it have anything to do with the fact that they're old? Baka malapit ang loob sa kanila kasi nga grandpa and grandma.


* Tawa ako ng tawa kina Lynn and Alex when they said, "Gretchen, you look fabulous up there!" Bading na bading talaga! Funny! :)


* I won't even say anything about Rob shouting at the kids and forcing them to push. Let me quote, "It's hard organizing Indian child labor!" Ay, no comment na nga. mahirap na. Just regard it as an additional clue as to why i don't like him.



KARMA

[Apr 29 2005, 04:56 PM]



Karma proves to be the best contestant in "The Amazing Race" as it catches up to the four remaining teams and gives each of them their just desert.


----------------------------------------------


Karma has once again retaliated for the always-bashed-but-cannot-be-broken old couple Meredith and Gretchen.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
M&G the Energizer Bunnies :
Breaking TAR record and proving detractors wrong




I am sensing some kind of a pattern here.


Ray and Deana were the first to taste the curse. After saying nasty remarks about M&G and even misleading them during a challenge, the snooty Ray and pushover Deana were booted off.


Next in line were brothers Brian and Greg. They made the mistake of uttering an innocent but nonetheless qualified as against-the-oldies comment during the start of a leg. They said that being the last to leave and with M&G being the ones directly in front of them, they'd love to "take [the couple] out." They weren't able to do so as they hit the mat last.


Lynn and Alex followed. The gays were very helpful at first, even including the 70-year-old man and his wife in their plans to catch a flight. But they did say those two are "stupid" during the milk-the-goat challenge. And when the boyfriends were racing against the grannies for the last slot, the former expressed a wish for the latter to get lost or be far behind. It was Lynn and Alex who came down on the wrong palace before finding the real pit stop. They got bad news from Phil.


And for this episode, ROMBER were bestowed the say-something-bad-about-M&G-and-you'll-pay-for-it curse.


Of course, this is all just a theory. It rose up from observations of the previous episodes and an exchange of ideas we have in another TAR thread. But it's really interesting how those who say bad things about others and wish others bad luck get the ball of luck reversed.


Linked with the first karma action of retaliation, karma caught up to Rob to shove what the guy had coming to himself right up his ass.


Finally!!! Oh, Rob being "punished" for all his scheming and evil antics is such a joy to witness! :) :) :) He had his comeuppance! And it came hard! And it was all-over international television! Hahahaha... :lol:


* pardon me from being mean and enjoying this, I just really really don't like Rob and dishonest people in general *


Rob tried to mess with Gretchen by asking her if they got in the earlier flight. It prompted the 66-year-old lady to find the best flight. With the of Uchenna and Joyce, they left earlier and had the evil alliance (ROMBER and Ron and Kelly) trailing behind.


Ha! :p In you face Rob! You just got messed up by trying to mess other people up! How does that feel? Maybe you should consider that next time you decide to be an ass...


I love Rob's look of annoyance and Amber's look of panic when they learned from the people in the boat that two teams have already passed and they've been had. It reminded me of the "can't-wait-to-see-the-look-on-their-faces" airplane incident. Only this time, the black couple and M&G weren't gloating over the LOSERS' defeated faces.


You're not so smart after all, Rob, are you? God, I was horrified that he didn't even know what a gnome is. And, as can be expected, he was pulling people, shouting, and all that during the scales task.


But anyway...


Karma proves that in the end, good, smart, and strategic players triumph.


I say this because of Uchenna and Joyce. I get more and more impressed with them as the season comes near the end.


They've proven that they have:


* physical strength (I cite the grounding-rice, carrying-things-on-their-heads, and hunting-exercise challenges among others),


* emotional strength (Joyce having her head shaved has, like I said in my previous post, proven how tough she is),


* love for each other/teamwork (They bicker but only sometimes as compared to Ron and Kelly's what-were-you-thinking kinds of responses to each other whenever they're fighting),


* honesty (They have never cheated or cracked an evil scheme), and


* compassion (They have helped M&G a lot and the preview shows Uchenna helping them again so if there's such a thing as the M&G curse, could there possibly be an M&G blessing to lead the good Samaritans to win TAR? Hmmm...).


They have it all.



So at this point, I really really want Uchenna and Joyce to win! They are in my opinion the only solid, capable, deserving team left.


I am still rooting for Meredith and Gretchen but it would come as no surprise if they don't end up in the final three 'coz they're not as physically strong as the other teams.

That said, however, I want to say that I liked Gretchen all the more when she braved that climbing and rappelling challenge.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Gretchen: 66-year-old woman with a
teenager spirit

Wow! :) That's something to tell her grandchildren about. But I think they're growing tired and losing money (because of the non-elimination punishment) so it's okay if they hang their caps. But even if it's too much to hope for, M&G making it to the finale and winning would be a real treat! Good luck oldies!


I liked Kelly last episode but I'm back to not liking her again. What was that commitment argument all about??? This girl needs to think before she speaks. Ron got out of the army by being a POW??? Does she know what being a POW means? I'm sensing that she hears the ticking of her biological clock so she's getting desperate.


Still, I give Ron and Kelly props for being the only team to choose the mental challenge (the one with posts, numbers, and a chest) and getting it done quickly and efficiently.


Now that they only have passports and the clothes on their backs, they need to rise up to the challenge like M&G did. They need to prove themselves.


This leaves the "Survivor" team. The chance of me rooting for ROMBER is close to zero. Not unless Rob undergoes a complete attitude makeover and Amber grows spine.


But I guess they'll make it to the top three. That's okay. At least they're interesting to watch even if they make my blood boil. And I know some people like them so they have fans, unlike Ron and Kelly whom most people find bland.


So with these, I cheer, "Go for the win Uchenna and Joyce!"


I'm curious to see what kind of luck the 4 teams will have for the next episode. Just one more elimination to go before we get the top 3 for the big finale... I certainly hope the deserving people make it to the end. Calling on karma... Please be there again.



TRIBUTE TO MEREDITH AND GRETCHEN

[May 4 2005, 11:32 AM]


Waaahhh!!!!!!!!


This is so sad. :(

It's the end of the line for Meredith and Gretchen.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Akala ko pa naman makakalusot sila ulit with a non-elimination. Tsk, tsk... Sayang talaga out na sila! They sure looked determined to hang on. Sinubukan talaga nilang makapasok pa sa finale with the stronger teams. For that alone, I commend them. I must say, the sight of a 70-year-old man and a 66-year-old woman dragging boats tugged at my heart. The couple looked very pained. They had a difficult time as they lacked the brawns the younger ones still have but they cooperated with each other to complete the task. They worked together, with no complaints, with full trust, just like they always do.


But what is there to say? Sometimes life is like that. You give everything you can but it is still not enough.


* sadness *


Still, I am very very proud of them! They really put a game on. No one can accuse them of quitting or playing dirty or bickering with each other. They had none of that.


Here's my little tribute:


After keeping things together despite being broke and stripped of all possessions;


after staying on for more legs after that and surprising everyone week after week;


after Gretchen didn't make a fuss over the wound she got from that bad fall in the cave;


after Meredith so sweetly let his wife take a nice ride on the elephant thing in India not minding that the additional weight and less manpower made things harder for him;


after displaying their support for each other that instance Gretchen asked for a hug to be able to keep on searching for the clue;


after getting as far as second place;


after exhibiting camaraderie with the other teams (especially Uchenna and Joyce) and being nice to everyone;


after the clean game they played;


after never giving up;


after rising up each new leg, full of hope;


after that one final good deed of lending Ron and Kelly some assistance, a way of giving back for the time the POW and pageant queen helped make their non-elim punishment lighter;


after all of that...


Meredith and Gretchen have proven that they are AMAZING individuals with their character and strength as well as a truly AMAZING couple with their love and dedication.


I'm sure their family, friends, and fans are proud of them.


Cheers to this very inspiring team! They have made "The Amazing Race" season 7 very exciting and a real treat to watch!


MEREDITH AND GRETCHEN!!!!!



TAR FORMAT

[May 4 2005, 12:46 PM]


According to other TAR fanatics, there is news na "family edition" ang TAR 8. If ever it is true, that ought to be interesting.


I love the twists and surprises the network comes up with to make "The Amazing Race" even more amazing. We don't know, baka in the future they decide to include other nationalities.



ON THE TOP THREE

[May 4 2005, 01:42 PM]


Gotta hand it to those 2 teams (team ROMBER and team GO AMERICA!) for taking a risk. Like they say, you have to risk it to win big!


Kudos to Uchenna too for being so nice and trying to the oldies with carrying the boat!


My only criticisms:


* I wish Ron and Kelly would tone down their bickering.

* I also wish that ROMBER would stop getting people every leg to be their "tourist/slave/pointer/whatever" each and every time and try to make it on their own.



PHOTO STORY

[May 7 2005, 04:42 PM ]


I have a treat for you guys. :)


Here are some pictures I got from the official "The Amazing Race" website at CBS.com. I thought they'd be fun to share with you fellow TAR fans.


Here they are with my matching comments... Enjoy!



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Kelly's "The Devil made me do it" artwork


I seriously don't know what to think about this.


On one hand, it is funny. ;P ROMBER deserve it since they have done "evil schemes" since the race's start. It's predictable 'coz I'm sure Ron and Kelly were really pissed (which is funny 'coz I know those two teams were aiming at each other and they both know it, so why the drama?).


On the other hand, it is a very childish thing to do. And so unnecessary. It's not like Kelly got something out of it. If anything, it exposed her biyatchness to the TAR viewers.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
ROMBER with one of their many ferns all throughout the race


While I do appreciate the Survivors' charisma in getting people to follow them around, give them directions, help them, etc. and while there is no rule that prevents teams from asking for help, I don't like the lack of independence, use of "Survivor" fame (an unfair advantage), and occassional coercion.


I'd be more impressed with Rob and Amber if they try to make it on their own. They could ask for basic information. But getting someone to navigate for them from one detination to another and yet another is laziness and lack of skill. Why don't they use their skills the right way?


But anyway... It's not like I can do anything. So I'll just leave ROMBER alone with such style. It's their game. I can only not like them for it. Let's just see if they get a fern in the finale or not and whether that would affect their performance or not. The finale will be the ultimate test and judge.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sherlock Holmes hands a clue


I liked this challenge. For me, it's one of the best for this season.


I wish they have more challenges that require thinking, really explain something about the destination and the culture there, and is just interesting. Like this.



FAIR GAME

[May 18 2005, 08:15 PM ]



Life finds a way of giving people their just dessert. It may be right away or far into the future. The person may recognize it or not even notice it. It may be in terms of a small, daily, trivial thing or it may be a big, grand , life-altering event. Whatever form it takes, the bottomline is that the universe has a scheme where everything is in order and justice prevails.


I truly believe that, which is why all throughout TAR 7, and in everything actually, I maintain that both goal/endpoint/vision and process are important. Kaya nga bilib ako kina Meredith and Gretchen, Brian and Greg, Debbie and Bianca tsaka Uchenna and Joyce.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
1st place: Uchenna and Joyce


Uchenna and Joyce truly deserved to win. Panalo talaga sila for their skills, teamwork, strategy, principles, spirit, etc. It's really nice how the race has brought them closer and how now they have a chance to get a baby. Mabuti silang tao kaya pinagpala sila. I'm so happy for them. I really admire them for not giving up even if they didn't have any money or possessions. Bow rin ako sa hindi na lang nila pagtakas or pakikipagsabwatan sa driver (though I think hindi pwede, nasa rules ng TAR na you can only say you're in a race hindi pwede mag-name drop tsaka kailangan tapos lahat ng tasks and obligations kasama na ang transpo duties). That was a great testament to their strong sense of what is right and care for others. Aside from that syempre ang magandang relationship nila with the others and helping Meredith and Gretchen out. Tsaka they never gave up talaga. Uchenna and Joyce are winners in every sense of the word!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
2nd place: Rob and Amber


I congratulate Rob and Amber for finishing second place rin. It's a very good slot, certainly commendable! Even if I'm not a fan of theirs, I can say that they deserve it. It is a product of their skills, teamwork, and strategy. Gaya ng sabi ni Phil, they're competitive players and they made TAR 7 exciting. 'Yun nga lang, they lacked that "winning factor" - the unique combo Uchenna and Joyce have, to get the gold medal and take it all. Parang ironic na nagulo at nahirapan sila sa paghahanap nung king of the havanas place whereas Uchenna and Joyce found that part easy because this time, it was them who had a fern. The driver really helped them. Blessing from heaven that he asked the question in spanish so the couple was led there without problems. Too bad for Rob and Amber!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
3rd place: Ron and Kelly


Sina Ron and Kelly naman, nakakaawa. They didn't win na nga, nagkalabuan pa. I really hope they find a way to make things work. Maybe Kelly can lower her pride and bawasan ang kaartehan while Ron can be more sensitive and learn to deal with issues--Kelly's, his, and theirs as a couple. Kung hindi naman eh di at least learning experience ang TAR. Anyway, third is good too. Out of eleven. Ron and Kelly displayed the smarts, the strength, and the skills all throughout the race.


So really, all in all, I'd say it was fair. I'm happy with the results. I only wish that the next TAR (the family edition) would be as, if not even more, exciting. and I hope all the players are happy.


TAR 7 is truly unforgettable!!!



Note: Posts have been modified to suit blog format. For the original version and to read the complete discussion of the topic, visit:

iATENEO >> The Anything Goes Show >> Couch Potatoes >> The Amazing Race

[Pictures from The Amazing Race at CBS]

------------------

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Technorati Profile

BlogShares Profile


GIRL INTERRUPTED

GIRL INTERRUPTED

GIRL INTERRUPTED


Hi! I am Rachelle and this is my online journal.

Hear what I have to say. Look and see inside of me. Enter the mind of a girl, interrupted.

---------

About the girl:
---------

The world is my notebook. Here are my scribbles:
---------

Lines running over and over in my head:
---------

Other worlds of words:

---------

Centerfold:
---------

Back Issues:

  • 04.2004
  • 05.2004
  • 06.2004
  • 07.2004
  • 08.2004
  • 09.2004
  • 10.2004
  • 11.2004
  • 12.2004
  • 01.2005
  • 02.2005
  • 03.2005
  • 04.2005
  • 05.2005
  • 06.2005
  • 07.2005
  • 08.2005
  • 10.2005
  • 11.2005
  • 12.2005
  • 01.2006
  • 02.2006
  • 02.2007
  • 03.2007
  • 05.2007
  • 06.2007
  • 07.2007
  • 08.2007
  • 12.2007
  • 01.2008
  • 02.2008
  • 03.2008
  • 12.2008
  • 02.2009
  • 11.2009
  • ---------

    Everything on this site, unless stated otherwise, belongs to Rachelle San Pedro. Please respect intellectual and artistic property. Rights reserved.

    Creative Commons License

    This work is protected by a Creative Commons License.

    No part of this blog may be used, copied, and/or reproduced without the consent of the blog owner. Any violation is subject to criminal persecution.

    ---------

    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

    WARNING!!!
    Site is off-limits to dad!

    If you are my dad and you are so hard-headed that you're still reading this, exit immediately. Trust daddy! Trust! I'd really hate you if I find out you are still snooping around.

    ---------

    All comments (courtesy of Haloscan from 4.6.2004-3.21.2005 and Blogger thereonafter) are stored but will no longer be displayed.

    Commenting system already disabled since this blog now only kept for posterity sake, cross-postings aside.

    You may visit me at

    www.fairytale-not.
    livejournal.com

    and

    www.missprim
    butnotproper.
    multiply.com

    ---------

    FRIENDS, FEEL FREE TO ADD ME UP IN FRIENDSTER, LIVE JOURNAL, AND MULTIPLY! :)

    ---------

    Thank you very much for dropping by and reading my journal.

    This page has been flicked this number of times: