GIRL INTERRUPTED

GIRL INTERRUPTED

Girl Interrupted

AVERAGE EVERYDAY SANE PSYCHO SUPERGODDESS

4.06.2005

BLOG ANNIVERSARY

 
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Happy birthday to me!

Happy birthday to me!

Happy birthday, happy birthday!

Happy birthday to me!


Exactly one year ago, I started this blog. Just for kicks. Since it was summer and I had some free time on my hands.


Little did I know that the "register" button in Blogger's homepage is actually a ticket to a brand new exciting world--this blogging community that I've come to love. I wasn't aware that from that day I assumed the alias "Girl Interrupted," it would become not only my online identity but it would develop into an entire dimension of my self. No, no one told me that I would meet loads of interesting individuals and actually become friends with them. Didn't really think that anyone aside from my barkada would bother to read my work. But look at this. I had no inkling whatsoever that I'd derive so much pleasure from seeing a new comment or from monitoring the site's activity and seeing it rise up. I had no idea that by learning some HTML and taking time to post, I would gain a useful outlet for times I feel bad and need advice as well as for times I want to share my joys and victories. I had no idea that by becoming more and more fascinated with this thing and developing it, some people would actually admire me. It's flattering (though still a bit weird and surreal) whenever someone commends me for the work I've put in. People I respect started respecting me citing the rawness and openness by which I apply myself to the blogging process. Who would've thought that would happen? Conversely, there wasn't any note warning against the trouble I'd encounter once people who shouldn't find out about this--namely my dad--do. I truly wasn't prepared for that embarrassing, irritating, testing experience. Also didn't foresee that I'd still be very much involved with this after a year (still with the initial momentum) has already passed. It is nothing but interest and true love for this creative expression that is motivating me to continue up to this point.


To sum that entire paragraph up: I didn't know a lot of things before.


But now I do. Still not everything. But a lot of things. And I learn more and more each day.


This blog has been a tool in my learning. So many stories. So many new friends. So much drama. So much fun. All coming to this first anniversary.


So I want to express how gifted I feel for getting into this thing. Thank you to everyone who has joined me in my journey. As my student days have ended and a new phase is starting to unfold in my life, join me. We still have a long way to go. Who knows what else there is to know out there? So much lies beyond.

------------------

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Technorati Profile

BlogShares Profile


GIRL INTERRUPTED

GIRL INTERRUPTED

GIRL INTERRUPTED


Hi! I am Rachelle and this is my online journal.

Hear what I have to say. Look and see inside of me. Enter the mind of a girl, interrupted.

---------

About the girl:
---------

The world is my notebook. Here are my scribbles:
---------

Lines running over and over in my head:
---------

Other worlds of words:

---------

Centerfold:
---------

Back Issues:

  • 04.2004
  • 05.2004
  • 06.2004
  • 07.2004
  • 08.2004
  • 09.2004
  • 10.2004
  • 11.2004
  • 12.2004
  • 01.2005
  • 02.2005
  • 03.2005
  • 04.2005
  • 05.2005
  • 06.2005
  • 07.2005
  • 08.2005
  • 10.2005
  • 11.2005
  • 12.2005
  • 01.2006
  • 02.2006
  • 02.2007
  • 03.2007
  • 05.2007
  • 06.2007
  • 07.2007
  • 08.2007
  • 12.2007
  • 01.2008
  • 02.2008
  • 03.2008
  • 12.2008
  • 02.2009
  • 11.2009
  • ---------

    Everything on this site, unless stated otherwise, belongs to Rachelle San Pedro. Please respect intellectual and artistic property. Rights reserved.

    Creative Commons License

    This work is protected by a Creative Commons License.

    No part of this blog may be used, copied, and/or reproduced without the consent of the blog owner. Any violation is subject to criminal persecution.

    ---------

    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

    WARNING!!!
    Site is off-limits to dad!

    If you are my dad and you are so hard-headed that you're still reading this, exit immediately. Trust daddy! Trust! I'd really hate you if I find out you are still snooping around.

    ---------

    All comments (courtesy of Haloscan from 4.6.2004-3.21.2005 and Blogger thereonafter) are stored but will no longer be displayed.

    Commenting system already disabled since this blog now only kept for posterity sake, cross-postings aside.

    You may visit me at

    www.fairytale-not.
    livejournal.com

    and

    www.missprim
    butnotproper.
    multiply.com

    ---------

    FRIENDS, FEEL FREE TO ADD ME UP IN FRIENDSTER, LIVE JOURNAL, AND MULTIPLY! :)

    ---------

    Thank you very much for dropping by and reading my journal.

    This page has been flicked this number of times: