Woke up. Brushed my teeth. Splattered water all over my face. Sat down for a few minutes. Ate a plate of spaghetti. Switched the computer on. Checked my mail. Surfed. Surfed some more. Was just having a regular
tamad day. Then I found this:
Officially Bowled Over
Wow. I am so totally flattered right now. Rachelle, whose blog I read (and love) actually [sic] posted a comment on my blog (my other blog). The comment she posted was also on her tagboard. My name was there. My NAME was there. I was... acknowledged.
How cool is THAT? I mean, I don't even know the person. I just read her blog. And because of that blog, we now have a connection. LOL, we're not, like, best friends all of a sudden, okay? I'm just saying that I think it is just so cool how you get to meet new people over the Internet. I've met a lot of people before through chatting but Rachelle (and a lot of other people whose blogs are on my links), is one of the smartest. I love her take on life, her wit, her writing style... And now she acknowledged me.
I am officially bowled over.
------------------------------
rache said: hello lara! :)
thanks for visiting my blog. i'm really flattered by your comments.
we have the same bets in AI pala. onga, go vonzell! :) don't worry, i really plan to finish the season and update comments.
looking at your blog, i think we have a lot in common. i like those movies too. *kilig*
thanks for the link btw. :)
------------------------------
Her comment was in reference to my comment about her AI entry and my Mean Girls and The Princess Diaries 2: The Royal Engagement "review".
posted by larissa gonzales @ 10:40 PM
Source:
Brain Damaged a.k.a. Lara's blog
If Lara was bowled over, I was too. AM. I still am. I mean, wow!!!
*Rachelle takes time to breathe*
1. I haven't in my wildest imagination ever thought that someone would become very happy over a comment I left on his/her blog. It's not like I'm a celebrity.
Besides, I think commenters deserve to be acknowledged. If people take time out to appreciate you, you owe them that much.
Although looking back, I guess I understand Lara to a certain degree. I also feel excited when a new reader pops in and drops me a line or when a friend decides to reach me via the cyberworld... So I find myself overjoyed that Lara not only left a comment but posted an entire entry about me.
2. I really like this girl. And there's nothing like finding mutual respect and admiration.
I'm glad that she found me so I was able to find her. It seems that we have a lot in common, starting with a fondness for romantic comedies like "Princess Diaries" and teen flicks like "Mean Girls" to wishing Heart Evangelista's character in Hiram would just die because all her paawa effect is so nauseating.
3. And the last but most important thing...
She is absolutely right in saying "I just read her blog. And because of that blog, we now have a connection... I think it is just so cool how you get to meet new people over the Internet."
It is indeed amazing how we come to know so much about other people--their favorite things, stuff they hate, their mood swings, their writing style, their friends, their daily schedule, and all that--through taking a minute to enter their online real estate.
And I have learned so much through being let inside wonderful places like Sassy's mansion House on a Hill, Tito Rolly's classroom Turo ni Tito, Bianca's playground Superbianca, Carla's backstage Rocker's World, JillSabs's peak SabitskiPoint, Chinkin's dark room A Celebration of Filipino Images, and so many more private-turned-public spaces. Blogging and bloghopping opened me up to a world of political and social commentaries, soliloquys, fresh ideas, pieces that tug on the heart, cool HTML, and so much more.
All of this reminds me of the reason I blog despite the potential danger of people holding things I say against me, despite my dad's annoying snooping, despite all the time needed for this (time that could be spent in some other useful activity), despite all the downers.
A blog is a sharing of a life.
I allow you to partake in my joys, fears, problems, and memories just as you become a part of them. In the process, we become part of each other.
To Lara: Thank you very much! :) You've just made my day. It's people like you who inspire me to write more and to grow. Here's to the start of a nice friendship!
P.S. I added you to my links as is befitting a truly wonderful person in the cyberworld. Join my world and other worlds of words!
*** spat out from the mind of Rachelle @ 12:36 PM

