"Life is a series of moments."
------------------------------------------
On my to-do list:
1. study for Theo orals (8 topics, no thesis statements)
2. study for Philo orals (12 thesis statements)
3. study for Western Lit final exam (involves a gazillion novels we've taken up, okay... I am exaggerating, maybe about 10-15)
4. study for LitCrit final exam (Psychoanalysis, Marxism, Feminism, the works)
5. write two LitCrit readings (same submission date, individual, rushed, instructions given at the last minute)
6. edit yet another LitCrit reading (the one where I have a partner)
7. write an article (my final article for Writing about Culture class-THE BIG ONE)
8. write an article (something for iATENEO - like maybe the last of the Sassy Series)
9. do an A paper (Can you believe it? Those of us who have a pre-final grade of A need to do what our teacher calls an A paper before we get the A we already worked hard for. Double work! Argh! And it's not just some bola paper. It's an entire activity--a Christian community involvement thingee.)
10. finish homework (Yes, though classes have officially ended for seniors, I still have one homework. The teacher wouldn't let us seniors off the hook. She said we needed it. So we're still doing it and passing it online. I don't know whether I should be happy at the chance given or not.)
11. proofread WesternLit final paper (At least this one's easier to do than the others 'coz it's pretty much complete already and it's group work.)
12. edit and upload articles for iATENEO (I'm halfway, currently editing and uploading.)
Whoah! Writing those down in a single list (as opposed to my "activities per day" which is a much more manageable list) gives the thing full impact and quite honestly scares me. Needless to say, I am a very busy girl.
I need to summon all the strength inside of me, take that magic pill, shout "Darna!" avoid waking up the neighbors or envying my lowerclassmen dorm mates as they sleep in the wee hours, pray all the prayers I can pray, and just get through this.
* sigh *
Practically speaking, the last thing I need is a party. (And yeah, also procrastinating/taking breaks every now and then and blogging but those are minor.) But psychologically speaking, what I need is a party. So a party I inserted in my schedule.
Just a few hours ago, I came from the 21st birthday celebration of my dear friend Mitzi. It was held at Italianni's, Greenbelt. We had a nice, quiet, catching-up-on-life dinner. The food was delicious - pizza, pasta, and yummy yummy dessert! The company was fantastic. Mitzi's family, Chinkin, Mamau, Tintin, Bloomeowmeow, Task, Ian, and Ken were there. 'Twas also fun dressing up. I got to wear my new shiny-shimmering-splendid black mini (Aside: I wanted to wear it since last week but it's too flashy for school, I'm so glad I found reason to wear it.) Afterwards, us girl in our skirts and blouses with make-up and heels went to "Timezone" to release some stress. The punching games were especially attractive to us.
I must say, although the party delayed me from plunging into my ocean-deep work, it weirdly enough gave me some energy. And I attribute it to moments.
Still retained in my "poetic memory:"
- seeing my magazine-cover-worthy made up face (Pwede na ako maging make-up artist, I did my face in 10 minutes inside a moving vehicle. O 'di ba? Bongga!)
- being able to buy a cute kikay gift for Mitzi--black dangling pearl earrings (I really love buying and giving gifts!)
- Mitzi's lovely smile when she first saw me, being thankful that I came 'coz a lot of other people who are busy didn't go
- the beautiful sight, sweet smell, and delicious taste of the very very sinful desserts (cheese cake, ice cream cake, and a choco choco something)
- Mau's "Eba" look eating that strawberry and being reprimanded by Tin thus having a caught-in-the-act guilty look
- Tin, Mau, and I laughing over a game of "Bishi Bashi"
- goodbye and good night hugs and kisses
- the sight of my parents (who so sweetly had an impromptu date just to bring and fetch me sa party) sitting in a dusky table by the fountain having a "Lovers in Paris" moment
Actually, sobrang babaw lang ng mga 'yan but they were the nice little warm moments that made the day beautiful.
Like I said at the beginning of this entry, "Life is a series of moments." At times when we are too tired and too busy, it's nice to pay attention to moments. The problem with us kasi is masyado tayong nakatingin lang sa isang direksiyon minsan na hindi na natin napapansin ang ganda ng paligid. Putting my to-do list and poetic-memory list side-by-side, I see that the effort I put into life and into all the things I do is worth it because despite all the hardship, the darkness, and the pain there is success, light, and happiness. It's just a matter of taking a moment to experience life's moments.
------------------------------------------
Good luck to all the seniors this final week! Mag-moment na lang kayo para masaya tayong lahat.
*** spat out from the mind of Rachelle @ 4:30 AM

