Warning: This post is nothing but an egocentric celebration of joy. Read at your own risk (or should I say annoyance?) Peace!
Sobrang feeling ko Wonderwoman ako ngayon! I'm on the top of the world! Here are the reasons:
1. Yesterday, I had a job interview and I passed the first phase. The HR person really liked me and introduced me to the boss right away. And he gave her very positive comments about me. (I overheard!) Ang saya saya! Hopefully, matanggap na ako ng tuluyan sa trabaho! I think I did ok naman with the boss. It's just a matter of how many openings they have. *keeping my fingers crossed*
2. Dahil nga sa interview, I arrived home super late na. But in that one night, I was able to make my thesis defense Powerpoint presentation, edit an article, and write a reaction paper. O di ba? Sanay na sanay na ako sa bolahan! Hehe...
3. I had my defense today and guess what I got? An A. A flat 4.0 at that! My adviser and mentor gave me 2 A's each - one for the paper and one for the defense. Now because all my chapters are A's (Chapters I-IV 4.0 and Chapter V 3.75 which is still an A althought a low one), my final grade for my thesis course (first sem and second sem) is... tan-tananan... isang tumataginting na A. Sobrang this means a lot to me! Super pinagpaguran ko kasi. Tinuring ko talagang baby ang thesis ko. Haaayyy... Makakapagpahinga na rin. One job done. Done very well.
4. Eto pa, dahil nga sa maganda, the department is asking for a copy. Flattery to the max! They're gonna include it in their annual compilation ng mga pinakamagandang thesis. Say niyo? Mahihilera na ang sulat ko sa mga obra maestra nina Pia Hontiveros (She had PolSci and Comm tracks in IS too like me and her topic was guerilla warfare) and JoEd Tirol (journalism Marcos era) among others.
5. After my defense, I just went home to drop my laptop, wash the makeup off my face, and change from my fab but tiring skirt-tank-heels ensemble to go to a party. There's nothing like a party to release all that energy and joy! Ang saya! The usual todo nakaka-relax party: loads of food, Magic Mic, relatives, pictures.
Haaayyy... Ang saya ko talaga ngayon. I don't even mind still being awake at this hour to finish a literary post-structuralist reading paper. I usually find binary oppositions boring pero ngayon parang everything has a certain beauty to it. Mukha akong naka-droga! Only my drug is the natural, legal, God-given kind. At ginanahan pa akong mag-post. After a hundred years, may update na.
Ang sarap lang talaga when your hard work pays off and one achievement follows another. I'm floating. Mababaw naman talaga kasi ako, small things like these can really lift my spirits.
P.S. Watch out for a Valentine surprise from iATENEO. I'm so excited about it! It's my last gift as EIC before I graduate. Legacy na 'to!
*** spat out from the mind of Rachelle @ 1:22 AM

