GIRL INTERRUPTED

GIRL INTERRUPTED

Girl Interrupted

AVERAGE EVERYDAY SANE PSYCHO SUPERGODDESS

1.13.2005

DO THE MATH

 
I have never liked math. But come to think of it, neither has it ever liked me.


I totally suck at it. My theory is that when the Lord showered math skills, I overslept so I didn't catch a single drop. I'm telling you, me and math DO NOT mix. It's something I do not have the slightest liking of.


But then again, I don't exactly like the way my life is going right now. So allow this unusual blog writing behavior. I'm in the mood for unsolvable problems and complicated operations. Just take it as another product of my mental illness.


Instruction: Solve the following equations and word problems.


1.)

On my record:

4 lates

1 cut

period: 1 week*


* School started last Wednesday. I don't have class on Thursdays and on weekends. So I have had a total of 5 class days since classes resumed for 2005.


Question: How many times have I worked my ass off writing some paper, article, and report overnight only to oversleep and end up being late or cutting the class altogether?


Answer: An amazing 5 out of 5! I have not arrived at school on time since 2005 started!


Argh! What's the point of doing things for school if you don't get to be in school, right? And what really bites about the f*cking situation is that I know it's all my fault. My body clock is seriously wrecked. My eating, sleeping, and studying times do not follow a sensible schedule. Talk about frustration.


2.)

1 quiz flunked
+
1 very important thesis class missed

=
1 very sad and frustrated girl as well as 3 apologies to the thesis adviser (personal, email, and text)


The only positive value in the equation: 1 clemency that feels like 100 favors (Oh I love Ma'am Guevara!).


3.)

1 sighting of crush (Yellow) with matching greeting
+
2 sightings of not-formal-crush-but-absolutely-gorgeous guy, 1 of them involving him sitting beside me and trying to strike up a conversation


Expected Results: swoons and smiles


Actual Result: no swoons or smiles whatsoever (I even got mildly annoyed at the guy for trying to talk to me when I clearly wasn't in the mood)


Long Term Product: 1 spinster. 2 guys happily together with some other girls, girls who are in the mood.


4.)

1 immersion trip
/
3 days (tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday)
+
4 group mates
+
the high mountain of Sitio Yang Ka, Capas, Tarlac
-
all the comforts of civilization (no electricity, no signal, no internet, and no C.R.!!!)
x
a large number of Aetas


What do you think this would equate to?


My scratch work: Hmmm... I'm not sure either. I can only give an answer Sunday when it's done. But with the way I am losing it, I really really really hope this final word problem gives me some solutions. Maybe this is just what I need. Maybe 3 days of just me and nature and kind Aetas will rid me of the insanity brought by the harsh and frustrating phase of life called senior year. Maybe I can do some nice and insightful soul searching.


I really hope this works. I've never been good at math. But to the God of Math out there, please do give me positive results.

------------------

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Technorati Profile

BlogShares Profile


GIRL INTERRUPTED

GIRL INTERRUPTED

GIRL INTERRUPTED


Hi! I am Rachelle and this is my online journal.

Hear what I have to say. Look and see inside of me. Enter the mind of a girl, interrupted.

---------

About the girl:
---------

The world is my notebook. Here are my scribbles:
---------

Lines running over and over in my head:
---------

Other worlds of words:

---------

Centerfold:
---------

Back Issues:

  • 04.2004
  • 05.2004
  • 06.2004
  • 07.2004
  • 08.2004
  • 09.2004
  • 10.2004
  • 11.2004
  • 12.2004
  • 01.2005
  • 02.2005
  • 03.2005
  • 04.2005
  • 05.2005
  • 06.2005
  • 07.2005
  • 08.2005
  • 10.2005
  • 11.2005
  • 12.2005
  • 01.2006
  • 02.2006
  • 02.2007
  • 03.2007
  • 05.2007
  • 06.2007
  • 07.2007
  • 08.2007
  • 12.2007
  • 01.2008
  • 02.2008
  • 03.2008
  • 12.2008
  • 02.2009
  • 11.2009
  • ---------

    Everything on this site, unless stated otherwise, belongs to Rachelle San Pedro. Please respect intellectual and artistic property. Rights reserved.

    Creative Commons License

    This work is protected by a Creative Commons License.

    No part of this blog may be used, copied, and/or reproduced without the consent of the blog owner. Any violation is subject to criminal persecution.

    ---------

    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

    WARNING!!!
    Site is off-limits to dad!

    If you are my dad and you are so hard-headed that you're still reading this, exit immediately. Trust daddy! Trust! I'd really hate you if I find out you are still snooping around.

    ---------

    All comments (courtesy of Haloscan from 4.6.2004-3.21.2005 and Blogger thereonafter) are stored but will no longer be displayed.

    Commenting system already disabled since this blog now only kept for posterity sake, cross-postings aside.

    You may visit me at

    www.fairytale-not.
    livejournal.com

    and

    www.missprim
    butnotproper.
    multiply.com

    ---------

    FRIENDS, FEEL FREE TO ADD ME UP IN FRIENDSTER, LIVE JOURNAL, AND MULTIPLY! :)

    ---------

    Thank you very much for dropping by and reading my journal.

    This page has been flicked this number of times: