GIRL INTERRUPTED

GIRL INTERRUPTED

Girl Interrupted

AVERAGE EVERYDAY SANE PSYCHO SUPERGODDESS

11.13.2004

LITERA SCRIPTA MANET

 
There are times when I feel that school is getting in the way of my writing.


Like now. With a very demanding, very time-consuming, and very stressful thesis as well as teachers giving quizzes left and right (It's just the first week! Why are they being such pains?), I don't have as much time to write articles, diary entries, sentimental poems, and blog entries as I'd like. This entry is just a little gift I am giving myself before the long weekend really feels loooooonnnnngggg with schoolwork. Really, I don't have time to listen to the voices inside my head (there's a loud incomprehensible buzz by now) and just write, and process things, and breathe.


It really bothers me. It is as though I am a mother who can't go to her little kid's piano recital because the boss won't let her. I feel like I am being deprived of an important part of my being.


Yeah, sure, I still get to write. But situationers, article summaries, and theological arguments ain't the same with own-idea-creative pieces. Of course, I also use my ideas there and the challenge of craft is still present. But it's just a different level. The things they make us write for most subjects in school are just-wing-it stuff. Bola papers. Texts I like constructing for the exercise. But using food for an analogy, they're all appetizers and side dishes.


I feel contained. I want the main course!


School shouldn't get in the way of my writing. It shouldn't hinder me from my calling. Reading, writing, and living are far more important than some (just some, I'm qualifying) things they teach in school. School is good but it is not always the best place to learn.


Now I've come to realize that one of the reasons why I love writing is because it allows me to unleash my passions, pitch my crazy ideas, and form my character while having fun. I reach out to people through words, written and spoken. My space on earth is paid for by my service through writing. I am what I write.


Yeah, yeah... those sound like motherhood statements. But people who live in the world of words can tell that all of it come from my heart. And I'm sure they can relate to the experience. I don't want to do an ode-to-literature corny act but it must be said that literature (and journalism, actually) play/s very important roles in individual lives, in history, in reality as we know it.


Let me share a popular line.


Litera scripta manet. The written word remains.

------------------

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Technorati Profile

BlogShares Profile


GIRL INTERRUPTED

GIRL INTERRUPTED

GIRL INTERRUPTED


Hi! I am Rachelle and this is my online journal.

Hear what I have to say. Look and see inside of me. Enter the mind of a girl, interrupted.

---------

About the girl:
---------

The world is my notebook. Here are my scribbles:
---------

Lines running over and over in my head:
---------

Other worlds of words:

---------

Centerfold:
---------

Back Issues:

  • 04.2004
  • 05.2004
  • 06.2004
  • 07.2004
  • 08.2004
  • 09.2004
  • 10.2004
  • 11.2004
  • 12.2004
  • 01.2005
  • 02.2005
  • 03.2005
  • 04.2005
  • 05.2005
  • 06.2005
  • 07.2005
  • 08.2005
  • 10.2005
  • 11.2005
  • 12.2005
  • 01.2006
  • 02.2006
  • 02.2007
  • 03.2007
  • 05.2007
  • 06.2007
  • 07.2007
  • 08.2007
  • 12.2007
  • 01.2008
  • 02.2008
  • 03.2008
  • 12.2008
  • 02.2009
  • 11.2009
  • ---------

    Everything on this site, unless stated otherwise, belongs to Rachelle San Pedro. Please respect intellectual and artistic property. Rights reserved.

    Creative Commons License

    This work is protected by a Creative Commons License.

    No part of this blog may be used, copied, and/or reproduced without the consent of the blog owner. Any violation is subject to criminal persecution.

    ---------

    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

    WARNING!!!
    Site is off-limits to dad!

    If you are my dad and you are so hard-headed that you're still reading this, exit immediately. Trust daddy! Trust! I'd really hate you if I find out you are still snooping around.

    ---------

    All comments (courtesy of Haloscan from 4.6.2004-3.21.2005 and Blogger thereonafter) are stored but will no longer be displayed.

    Commenting system already disabled since this blog now only kept for posterity sake, cross-postings aside.

    You may visit me at

    www.fairytale-not.
    livejournal.com

    and

    www.missprim
    butnotproper.
    multiply.com

    ---------

    FRIENDS, FEEL FREE TO ADD ME UP IN FRIENDSTER, LIVE JOURNAL, AND MULTIPLY! :)

    ---------

    Thank you very much for dropping by and reading my journal.

    This page has been flicked this number of times: