I changed my mind.
Yeah, yeah, I'm fickle-minded, I know. But hey, I'm a free person so it's my prerogative. Call me whatever. I really don't care.
Thing is: I can't keep it all in. I know there's still my diary and my friends but there are some stuff you cherish because it's private and then there are others you want to release, just shout out for all the world to hear. In the case of the latter, this blog is my release. And the comments do make me feel good. Some of them even enlighten me.
Just the same, I don't want to depress you. There's enough evil and sadness in the world already, I don't want to make it any worse. So here's the deal: I'll continue blogging but I'll try (as in try my very best!) to write about positive or at the very least neutral things. If ever I need to rant, I'll keep it to a minimum. Also, for your reading benefit as well as my mental and emotional health, I'll try to look at the bright side. That alright?
Okay, here we go...
1. I rediscovered one of the reasons why I love writing. For our final paper in Feature writing class, I've decided to go with a very challenging, very interesting, and very daring topic. I won't disclose details because I don't want to spoil its impact upon release in a publication (possibly Mulieris' Andromache or iATENEO). All I can say is that I'm loving the struggle. The fact that I'm approaching this from an idiot's vantage point, that the topic is controversial, that people don't really talk about such a thing, that I'm practically chasing interviewees, that there are many sides involved and thus more need for sources so that's more people to stalk, that a lot of people don't want their names down in print so I have to convince them, etcetera etcetera surprisingly don't make me frustrated. They make me feel good. I'm learning a lot. I'm getting all excited over this. This may possibly be the best (if not the best, the most controversial) piece of my writing.
One big life lesson: Not all difficult things are bad and unbearable. Challenges make you stronger. Obstacles can only lead to a better and stronger you.
2. Just like I expected, I didn't make the Unilever final cut. Of course I feel bad but my dad telling me, "It's okay. 'Twas a learning experience" cut through me. He's right. I made it this far. I'm one of the top eighty from a thousand and five hundred. I have proven that even if I am in the Humanities, I can compete with those in the Sciences. I have tapped into a possibility for my future. That's good enough for me. And of course, this means I can have some rest come semestral break!
Another big life lesson: We don't always get the original goal. But somewhere in the process of trying to get there, we realize that Life and God's goal for us may be very different from what we perceive. Sometimes, the goal is just learning something from the process. It proves to be more valuable than we imagined.
Okay, I'm done. Wow! This is probably the happiest (or maybe not 'coz I did get rejected in Unilever's final forty, maybe the most optimistic then?) piece I've written in quite a while. I'm looking forward to more things going my way and the pieces of my life finally falling into place. I ask you dear friends and readers, bear with me.
*** spat out from the mind of Rachelle @ 11:13 AM

