GIRL INTERRUPTED

GIRL INTERRUPTED

Girl Interrupted

AVERAGE EVERYDAY SANE PSYCHO SUPERGODDESS

9.20.2004

BORROWED HEAVEN
(THE CORRS AND HEALING)

 
I loved The Corrs from the very first moment I heard the desperate and yet funny lines of "What Can I Do." I have since followed the talented siblings' career. "Forgiven not Forgotten," "Talk on Corners," and "In Blue" have filled my ears with appealing Celtic music and Andrea's playfully soaring vocals time and time again.


When I first bought their new album, "Borrowed Heaven" I was only able to give it a quick listen. I had tons to do so it just played in the background and it didn't leave much of a reaction. I thought, "Oh, same The Corrs sound, catchy and melodious." That was all.


Then, my grandfather passed away.

I gave "Borrowed Heaven" a second listen a few days after the unfortunate event and discovered it in a different light. The Corrs wrote the songs there for their mother who has just passed away. I found healing in their songs. Singing along to the high chords felt like such a release.


Here are the songs I like in particular.


Angel


[He] lived like [he] knew nothing lasts

Didn't care to look like anyone else

And [he] was beautiful, so beautiful

I still hear [him] laugh like [he's] here


Shower it down on all the young

It isn't so wrong to have such fun

Chorus:

Forever angel, I hope they love you like we do

Forever angel, I'll be proud to be like you

Be like you (I'll be proud to be like you)



* Yeah, my grandpa definitely lived his life like he knew it wouldn't last. And he is an angel, forever an angel.


Note: Lyrics of "Angel" only in part and pronouns were modified to be applicable to my grandpa.


Goodbye

I never thought one day you'd be gone, away forever more

No one can say, no one could explain why you were taken

Oh where are you now?
Could I get there somehow?

Chorus:

It's time to say goodbye

Block out the sun and pack up the sky

Don't let my tears start to make you cry

Each time I try to say my goodbye

Try to stop asking why

Tell me it's true, tell me there's something more

Another time for love

One day I'll know, one day I'll be there

Will you be waiting?

Oh where you are you now,

Could I get there somehow?

Chorus

Where are you now?

Could I get there somehow?

Chorus Twice

Why

Try to say my goodbye...


* This is my main mourning song. It encapsulates the asking why, the letting go, the missing, every part of the experience.


Borrowed Heaven


All beauty all fade away, borrowed

All moonlight, return today, borrowed

All sunrise all shooting stars, borrowed

All earth bound bare feet in clay

You know we're standing on...


Chorus:

Borrowed borrowed heaven

Borrowed borrowed heaven


All heartache all rivers cried, borrowed

Don't stay out too late tonight, borrowed

I love you don't wanna die, borrowed

You taste like paradise

I know I'm breathing in...


Chorus Twice


You gave me life and I will give it back

But before I do, I'm gonna hold it tight

This is my prayer


All body, All skin all bone, borrowed

All silky, all smooth and warm, borrowed

Of pleasure, of pain, of want, borrowed

Almighty I stand alone

I know I'm living in

Borrowed borrowed heaven (repeat until fade)



* Though not directly related to death, it's about the transience of life. I could relate to it. Everything is borrowed. We do not own anything on this world. We should appreciate each and every gift.


Great music is music that affects the soul of the music maker and the listener in ways that are hard to explain but are very valuable. I love The Corrs. Borrowed Heaven for me is definitely a piece of heaven.


------------------

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Technorati Profile

BlogShares Profile


GIRL INTERRUPTED

GIRL INTERRUPTED

GIRL INTERRUPTED


Hi! I am Rachelle and this is my online journal.

Hear what I have to say. Look and see inside of me. Enter the mind of a girl, interrupted.

---------

About the girl:
---------

The world is my notebook. Here are my scribbles:
---------

Lines running over and over in my head:
---------

Other worlds of words:

---------

Centerfold:
---------

Back Issues:

  • 04.2004
  • 05.2004
  • 06.2004
  • 07.2004
  • 08.2004
  • 09.2004
  • 10.2004
  • 11.2004
  • 12.2004
  • 01.2005
  • 02.2005
  • 03.2005
  • 04.2005
  • 05.2005
  • 06.2005
  • 07.2005
  • 08.2005
  • 10.2005
  • 11.2005
  • 12.2005
  • 01.2006
  • 02.2006
  • 02.2007
  • 03.2007
  • 05.2007
  • 06.2007
  • 07.2007
  • 08.2007
  • 12.2007
  • 01.2008
  • 02.2008
  • 03.2008
  • 12.2008
  • 02.2009
  • 11.2009
  • ---------

    Everything on this site, unless stated otherwise, belongs to Rachelle San Pedro. Please respect intellectual and artistic property. Rights reserved.

    Creative Commons License

    This work is protected by a Creative Commons License.

    No part of this blog may be used, copied, and/or reproduced without the consent of the blog owner. Any violation is subject to criminal persecution.

    ---------

    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

    WARNING!!!
    Site is off-limits to dad!

    If you are my dad and you are so hard-headed that you're still reading this, exit immediately. Trust daddy! Trust! I'd really hate you if I find out you are still snooping around.

    ---------

    All comments (courtesy of Haloscan from 4.6.2004-3.21.2005 and Blogger thereonafter) are stored but will no longer be displayed.

    Commenting system already disabled since this blog now only kept for posterity sake, cross-postings aside.

    You may visit me at

    www.fairytale-not.
    livejournal.com

    and

    www.missprim
    butnotproper.
    multiply.com

    ---------

    FRIENDS, FEEL FREE TO ADD ME UP IN FRIENDSTER, LIVE JOURNAL, AND MULTIPLY! :)

    ---------

    Thank you very much for dropping by and reading my journal.

    This page has been flicked this number of times: