GIRL INTERRUPTED

GIRL INTERRUPTED

Girl Interrupted

AVERAGE EVERYDAY SANE PSYCHO SUPERGODDESS

8.11.2004

TO BE MISINTERPRETED

 
Have you ever found yourself misinterpreted? I would think that misinterpretation happens a lot. I mean different people have different perspectives. Perception is a very subjective thing.


But here's what I've got to say...


I understand differences in opinion. I respect it. I would even go as far as saying that I like it because it fosters growth among the people who debate and expand their knowledge. The best way of knowing is seeing all sides of the story to be able to paint a complete and accurate picture. The catch is it only works when there's openness and a free exchange of ideas. Patience and good temper also help.


The problem with difference in opinion is when people use it as a tool for conflict. It gets bad when people judge right away and generalize. It gets bad when quotes are manipulated and the context is taken away. Those cases are really really really annoying.


What I find so awful about people who misinterpret others is that they make a call without exerting any effort to understand the person, to clarify his/her points, to start critical thinking. The person assumes that his/her way of decoding what another person says is THE way. In such instance, the person who misinterprets turns everything to himself. It is not really the subject but his/her ego, to prove oneself right even at the cost of distorting reality.


To misinterpret without ill intention, a common product of the simple mind, is forgivable. Ignorance is not desirable but well, we can't all be brilliant. But for someone who has the mental and emotional capacity to receive, analyze, and understand matters for what they truly are and yet misinterpret because of close-mindedness and just plain conceit, that's just really terrible.


To be misinterpreted is not a good feeling. Trust me. It's terrible when others put words inside your mouth and when they think they know you when in fact they know nothing at all. (Nothing. Not the slightest truth about your person.)


My advice: Do not misinterpret others if you don't want the same thing to be done to you. Let's all respect each other's thoughts and feelings.

------------------

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Technorati Profile

BlogShares Profile


GIRL INTERRUPTED

GIRL INTERRUPTED

GIRL INTERRUPTED


Hi! I am Rachelle and this is my online journal.

Hear what I have to say. Look and see inside of me. Enter the mind of a girl, interrupted.

---------

About the girl:
---------

The world is my notebook. Here are my scribbles:
---------

Lines running over and over in my head:
---------

Other worlds of words:

---------

Centerfold:
---------

Back Issues:

  • 04.2004
  • 05.2004
  • 06.2004
  • 07.2004
  • 08.2004
  • 09.2004
  • 10.2004
  • 11.2004
  • 12.2004
  • 01.2005
  • 02.2005
  • 03.2005
  • 04.2005
  • 05.2005
  • 06.2005
  • 07.2005
  • 08.2005
  • 10.2005
  • 11.2005
  • 12.2005
  • 01.2006
  • 02.2006
  • 02.2007
  • 03.2007
  • 05.2007
  • 06.2007
  • 07.2007
  • 08.2007
  • 12.2007
  • 01.2008
  • 02.2008
  • 03.2008
  • 12.2008
  • 02.2009
  • 11.2009
  • ---------

    Everything on this site, unless stated otherwise, belongs to Rachelle San Pedro. Please respect intellectual and artistic property. Rights reserved.

    Creative Commons License

    This work is protected by a Creative Commons License.

    No part of this blog may be used, copied, and/or reproduced without the consent of the blog owner. Any violation is subject to criminal persecution.

    ---------

    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

    WARNING!!!
    Site is off-limits to dad!

    If you are my dad and you are so hard-headed that you're still reading this, exit immediately. Trust daddy! Trust! I'd really hate you if I find out you are still snooping around.

    ---------

    All comments (courtesy of Haloscan from 4.6.2004-3.21.2005 and Blogger thereonafter) are stored but will no longer be displayed.

    Commenting system already disabled since this blog now only kept for posterity sake, cross-postings aside.

    You may visit me at

    www.fairytale-not.
    livejournal.com

    and

    www.missprim
    butnotproper.
    multiply.com

    ---------

    FRIENDS, FEEL FREE TO ADD ME UP IN FRIENDSTER, LIVE JOURNAL, AND MULTIPLY! :)

    ---------

    Thank you very much for dropping by and reading my journal.

    This page has been flicked this number of times: