You can't imagine how shocked I was when I followed a weird-looking referring link in my Site Meter and found
this. It's something from a website called BlogShares.
SOME OF THE BLOGSHARES CONTENT:
It's an online blog stock and trade thing. I was like, "Huh??? Who the hell is selling my blog? I didn't even think of doing that and I AM THE OWNER. Why would someone, anyone, think of selling blogs and why mine of all blogs?" I was starting to get mad and to feel violated.
Then I saw that my blog was valued at more than two million dollars. $2,698.63* to be exact. I go, "Whoa!" And for a very brief moment greed took over me and I actually wanted to sell. But of course, I shook the idea because my blog means much more than wads of money to me. It's non-commercial, purely for my intellectual and emotional release.
Moving on with the story... Since I was curious, I looked around. I found out that it was just a simulation stock trade thing. I would like to quote, "BlogShares is a simulated, fantasy stock market for weblogs where players invest fictional money to buy stocks and bonds in an artificial economy where attention is the commodity and weblogs are the companies."
Here's their logo. They're actually legal since it's just a simulation. The guy who thought this up wanted to promote weblogs in a creative way so he came up with BlogShares.
Whew! I was so relieved!!! Now that I think about it, BlogShares is actually cool.
P.S. Do I have any buyers? The floor price is two million. Hehe... ;p Joke!
Note: Information, charts, and logo from BlogShares.
------------------------------------------------------
MORE ON BLOGSHARES
Just for the heck of it, I checked out the value of the blogs of some of my online friends. A lot of the people in my links aren't listed but here are those who are:
* The great Sassy Lawyer's House on a Hill is worth $41 million. As in! 41 big American millions! Wow, idol talaga kita Sassy!
* Ala Paredes' popular Alaism comes in at $28 million.
* Jillsabs' Sabitski Point earns $20 big millions.
* Bianca gets six million for Superbianca.
* Micketymoc's Stepping on Poop is worth almost three million. He's just around 200,000 short.
* Tito Rolly's blog is also two million.
* Nate's shares is one million.
* The Cat brings in one million.
* Tintin's Introspective Nomad as well as Mau's Greenjoker both received a million each just because I linked them up. Wow! Hehe... May power and economic value na pala ang pagli-link ko. ;p I was the only one but they got in through me.
Now before people get competitive, let me just make it clear that the value depends on hits, incoming links, outgoing links, etc. It's not graded according to content. Doing that would be really hard aside from being subjective and thus problematic. Anyway, just having your blog there worth some value (a million at least) is already something.
I also found out that quite a number of people are using the title Girl Interrupted and the combination pinknpurple. Since the originals are no longer available, they just made variations. Well, I insist that I am the original! I am no copycat. I thought these names up on my own and all my content come from me and no one else. Heh! ;p Peace!
* $2,698.63 value as of August 26.
** Now, August 27, just a day after, I'm up to $3,470.66. One million more. Not bad for a day. Hehe... ;p
*** November 6, 2004. My BlogShares account has risen up to $15,190.94. From one to fifteen, yeah! ;)
*** spat out from the mind of Rachelle @ 1:35 PM

