Forgive me but I don't really have much time to compose and I'm quite tired after an awful day so I'll just spit out my thoughts.
* From the previous entry "Wrong Side of the Bed," things have gone more wrong. It rained awfully hard and everything was wet, yucky wet! My class was in CTC, a building that has truly faulty design. It's American-style open which is great for summer but really annoying when it rains. You do have something over your head but you get when from both sides as there are no walls. Argh!
* As if that wasn't bad enough, the strap of my right sandal snapped so I had to limp all the way to class and all the way home. I walked with a funny swiggle trying in vain to keep my sandal from disintegrating completely.
* I endured the rains and all that for nothing. We didn't even have a decent class. I only had two classes, History and Theology. My History teacher was absent so the teaching assistant just took over. Theology reports were cancelled and we just stayed there writing whatever we were supposed to report. What a waste considering the tuition fee Ateneo asks us to pay!
* After my classes, I accompanied my friend Mitzi as she waited for her mom and aunts to pick her up. They got caught in heavy traffic so Mitzi and I stayed at the shed for more than an hour. Maybe two. That was the little perk of my awful day. It's just so nice having deep, friendly, interesting conversations with people. We talked about anything and everything. I like talking. It helps my thinking and my writing, I am able to process thoughts and emotions. It may have been very cold but Mitzi and I were very warm inside. I love friends and good conversation.
* From our gossiping about a certain someone, I learned that people are not always what they seem. We should always give them the benefit of a doubt.
* Mitzi had a 'sighting' of her crush. It was very movie-like actually. He was out in the rain playing, totally free and there was just something organic and romantic about it. I envied Mitzi. As in, I truly envied her!!! At the moment, I missed Orange with every bit of my being. My soul ached for one sight of him. I wanted desperately to have him back just so I could have one of those spotting moments. Spotting moments ergo I see him and time stands still, everyone and everything else fades into the background, stupid mushy music plays like a soundtrack inside my head, I focus on the most miniscule of details like his clean shoelaces and a slight stubble on his cheek, I get this goofy smile that I try to suppress by biting my lip very hard, he walks by, I recover, and I become happy for the rest of the day. It's the best comfort and/or pick-me-up from a bad day. The scene gets replayed right before I sleep and I have sweet dreams. Ahhh!!! Those were the days. I really really do miss him.
* I shared that with Mitzi and she told me to get a new crush. I want to. I really want to. But somehow, I can't. I've already invested so much emotion on Orange. I had already put him on a pedestal. It's hard to find someone else to crush on because it seems like everyone fails in comparison to him. This is so pathetic but it's so true. And I can't do anything about it.
* The ride finally came but because of traffic, we decided to have dinner while waiting it out. We ate at Thai in a Box and then went to Coffee Heads for dessert afterwards. Can I just say? I loooovvvveee chicken pandan and chocolate cake, sinful but so good. And I like the ambiance of Coffee Heads. Although I don't drink coffee, I think I'll frequent that place. They have books, games, and internet. Really comfy and really artistic.
* Tita and I talked about several things including my after-college plans. I told her that it's either a) go to law school and don't marry anymore or b) get a writing job or an MA, can marry. She was laughing at my 'computations' of the years which was the logic behind marrying or not marrying. But think about it. It makes sense. Why would I waste 4-5 years in law school just to get knocked up and throw everything away? If I go to law school, that's it! So I need to decide because after that, there's no backing out. The dilemma! Tita suggests I take a masteral degree in Journalism instead. Hmmm... Choices, choices.
* I like talking to my friends' moms (Mitzi's, Mau's, and Tin's). They're all really nice and they all like me. It's nice to know that they take an effort to get to know their children's friends. And they're very open and sincere. I think they trust their daughter's with me because I am the most studious and responsible one in our gang.
Mitzi's mom is good in terms of advice. She always reminds me to live a little more and give love (at least some) attention. It's a refreshing change from my dad's "School first. No boys." lecture. Believe me, that could sound like an awful rerun. Mau's mom is a lot like my mom so I feel really at home with her. I think her mom and mine could be really good friends just like Mau and I are. Tin's mom is a very successful woman whom I admire. She's very smart and all. And she comments on how I look and things I like. I think she channels her frustrations about Tintin not being very ladylike to me. Hehe... :p But I really do like all of them. I'm so lucky to have great friends. They even have great moms. Well, like they say, "the fruit does not fall far from the tree."
* I just realized how much work I'll need to finish over the weekend. Ugh! I am declaring this weekend 'thesis crisis' time.
*** spat out from the mind of Rachelle @ 12:16 AM

