And the results are out...
Nash Aguas and Hero Angeles are the Star Circle Kid and Teen Grand Questors. After months of grueling workshops, showbiz intrigues, and hard work, the two got the ultimate nod. They won the approval of the judges, the network management, the press, actors/actresses, and the viewing public. Nash and Hero are IN!
I think it was a good decision. It was a tough call but I believe that the right (meaning deserving) people won. Nash and Hero both have talent and charisma. Nash is very cute and he has lots of personality. His performances are very impressive especially considering that he's only five years old. Hero can act well especially in the field of drama. He also has the Vic Zhou look that makes the masses go gaga over him.
Confession time. I was rooting for Aaron, the chubby little kid. He's just so adorable. I really wanted him to be the Grand Kid Questor to the extent that I cast 10 text votes for him. (Grabe ba? Hehe...) Too bad he didn't win. But anyway, I like Nash too. Mr. Suave. Hehe...
For the teens, my bets were Roxanne, Melissa, and Hero. Congrats Hero! He was my schoolmate back in highschool. He was shy and very quiet back then. Look at him now! He's already confident and he has the star quality. I'm really happy for him. He deserves the success.
There's just one thing I find really off about SCQ, the ranking for teens. ABS-CBN has once again showed its true colors. They washed their hands. Random to avoid hurting feelings? I don't think so. More like intentionally vague to cover up their greed and satisfy the fans. What happened was so clear. They watched out for the fans' reaction. The announcement of winners and the order and all that was a carefully planned show designed to condition (and control!) the public's reaction. They were scared that the negative backlash from the Neri-Sandara eliminations would happen again. Aaarrgghh!!! So disgusting. I know that ABS is a corporation but even corporations should have some values. I'm so disappointed especially because I'm a kapamilya.
But still, Star Circle Quest was a success. It proved to be a profitable venture and a very entertaining show.
*** spat out from the mind of Rachelle @ 11:30 PM

