For my last year in the Ateneo, I've decided to drop (meaning either end my term or not renew membership anymore) all the organizations that I've been with since freshman year. I am done with The Guidon, The Assembly, Blue Repertory, and tr3s. I'm already finished with TNT.
In place of all those, I am going to concentrate on Mulieris and iATENEO. Mulieris, from the Latin term meaning women, is a new women's organization that we're launching this June. It's sort of like Gabriela but less radical. Kasi walang org para sa karapatang pangkababaihan sa Ateneo. Hindi naman ibig sabihin na sa isang lugar na moderno at mas nakaririwasa sa buhay ay wala nang diskriminasyon laban sa mga babae. That's the idea behind Mulieris, we're pushing for gender equality.
iATENEO meanwhile is an online publication for Ateneans. It's already an organization (although still unaccredited) but it's kinda been on-off before so we're planning to really do it this time. The new staff would hopefully be consistent and efficient. We'll have loads of interesting stuff like news, features, opinion, interesting facts, polls, contributions, etc.
I am part of the um, 'foundation' of these two student groups. I am the Vice-President for Human Resources in Mulieris. For iATENEO, I would serve as the Features Editor and I'd write news articles as well.
I'm really excited to do this. I love writing. I especially enjoy doing features. I am a feminist. I have always been an advocate of gender equality and women's rights. I feel very strongly and very passionately about such cause. And quite honestly, I think I've already given my past orgs everything that I could give them. So it's time for a change.
Also, this feels like leaving a legacy. I dunno, maybe I've been bit by the senior syndrome bug. Being part of the core team of organizations to watch out for, helping plant the seeds for something that would (hopefully) be great in the future is I guess my way of saying thank you to the wonderful school that has molded and guided me.
I sure hope these organizations would turn out to be successful.
Oh, and by the way, those who are interested in joining the aforementioned orgs can contact me. I've been getting a lot of positive reactions and inquiries about joining particularly with Mulieris. Just get in touch with me and I'd be more than happy to sign you in.
*** spat out from the mind of Rachelle @ 12:28 AM

