GIRL INTERRUPTED

GIRL INTERRUPTED

Girl Interrupted

AVERAGE EVERYDAY SANE PSYCHO SUPERGODDESS

5.27.2004

NEWS BITS

 
I find the story about the call boy who is fond of slaying members of the third sex very disturbing. In a span of four months, he has already killed four gay people. He made the news once again with the murder of his fifth victim, a media man. This attack against life and against homosexuals in particular has elicited both fear and anger from the gay society and other concerned citizens. The killings have been going on for months and evidence in the crime scenes strongly point that what we have here is a serial killer. Gasp! A serial killer right here in the Philippines, in Quezon City even!


This brings me to question the police and the government in general. What the hell are they doing in their offices, letting this pass when lives are in danger? Are they going to wait for yet another dead body before they act? Both homosexuals and heterosexuals are not safe whilst the government fails to protect us from crime and danger. I guess the only thing we can do is the other half, our part. Let's be vigilant and undertake safety measures for ourselves and for our loved ones.

------------------------------------------------------


So much drama in the joint houses! Have you guys seen that entire Shut Up! performance of Digs Dilangalen? Beats a telenovela. So controversial.


Well, I agree with the point of the mother and daughter that congressmen and senators should quicken the count and the proclamation. The public needs and deserves to know. This entire election thing is dragging on way too long. It is contributing to feelings of instability, which is bad for investors, the last thing we need right now. Aside from that, it also leaves room for cheating. Oh, should I say more cheating?


However, as much as I agree with the need to speed up the process, I disagree with the method the mother and daughter used in conveying their dissatisfaction. There are rules of conduct in house proceedings. And accuracy and credibility should not be sacrificed for speed. What they did was wrong, especially the words they used. Note-passing with impolite words on it? So juvenile. They claim freedom of expression. Yeah, they are free to express themselves but they're not really free to hurt other's feelings. That has consequences. Even if I don't like Dilangalen much, he is a congressman and he should be treated with respect. Gosh, even basic courtesy dictates simple respect for other human beings even if we disagree with them.

------------------------------------------------------


Abalos is in deep sh*t! Well, KNP, NAMFREL, and other election groups have had some things against him even from before but this time, he really did himself in. If not for my annoyance with his obvious siding with the administration, I could almost pity the guy. Note though that my annoyance is due to his impartiality and not necessarily because he's with GMA whom I dislike. His job as COMELEC Chairman asks objectivity from him and he isn't even capable enough to deliver a basic requirement of his position. What does that say of the person he is?


I don't know why the hell he spilled on the presidential tally. It's either this guy really has bad judgment that he courts trouble for himself or he is going to get something so he took the risk. Do I hear a ka-ching or maybe smell a post?


His 'revelation' is impeachable. But I wonder who will pursue impeachment. And if ever, what violation/s will they claim out of the many? Hmmm... More conflict is brewing up.

------------------

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Technorati Profile

BlogShares Profile


GIRL INTERRUPTED

GIRL INTERRUPTED

GIRL INTERRUPTED


Hi! I am Rachelle and this is my online journal.

Hear what I have to say. Look and see inside of me. Enter the mind of a girl, interrupted.

---------

About the girl:
---------

The world is my notebook. Here are my scribbles:
---------

Lines running over and over in my head:
---------

Other worlds of words:

---------

Centerfold:
---------

Back Issues:

  • 04.2004
  • 05.2004
  • 06.2004
  • 07.2004
  • 08.2004
  • 09.2004
  • 10.2004
  • 11.2004
  • 12.2004
  • 01.2005
  • 02.2005
  • 03.2005
  • 04.2005
  • 05.2005
  • 06.2005
  • 07.2005
  • 08.2005
  • 10.2005
  • 11.2005
  • 12.2005
  • 01.2006
  • 02.2006
  • 02.2007
  • 03.2007
  • 05.2007
  • 06.2007
  • 07.2007
  • 08.2007
  • 12.2007
  • 01.2008
  • 02.2008
  • 03.2008
  • 12.2008
  • 02.2009
  • 11.2009
  • ---------

    Everything on this site, unless stated otherwise, belongs to Rachelle San Pedro. Please respect intellectual and artistic property. Rights reserved.

    Creative Commons License

    This work is protected by a Creative Commons License.

    No part of this blog may be used, copied, and/or reproduced without the consent of the blog owner. Any violation is subject to criminal persecution.

    ---------

    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

    WARNING!!!
    Site is off-limits to dad!

    If you are my dad and you are so hard-headed that you're still reading this, exit immediately. Trust daddy! Trust! I'd really hate you if I find out you are still snooping around.

    ---------

    All comments (courtesy of Haloscan from 4.6.2004-3.21.2005 and Blogger thereonafter) are stored but will no longer be displayed.

    Commenting system already disabled since this blog now only kept for posterity sake, cross-postings aside.

    You may visit me at

    www.fairytale-not.
    livejournal.com

    and

    www.missprim
    butnotproper.
    multiply.com

    ---------

    FRIENDS, FEEL FREE TO ADD ME UP IN FRIENDSTER, LIVE JOURNAL, AND MULTIPLY! :)

    ---------

    Thank you very much for dropping by and reading my journal.

    This page has been flicked this number of times: